L-Factor Reborn: The Rebirth of L-Factor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The somewhat rebirth of the L-Factor forums, without any prior permission to do so! (Ryojin was here)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
L-factor.net has returned! Please head there!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oh hai.
New Infinity Ward Lawsuit Details Emptyby Viper718 Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:14 am

» Ryojin's stuff
New Infinity Ward Lawsuit Details Emptyby Ryojin Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:34 am

» Help with Python
New Infinity Ward Lawsuit Details Emptyby theariesfantasy Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:27 am

» Hikkikomori Much?
New Infinity Ward Lawsuit Details Emptyby theariesfantasy Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:45 am

» manga deletion
New Infinity Ward Lawsuit Details Emptyby Ryojin Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:16 am

» Captain's Log
New Infinity Ward Lawsuit Details Emptyby Sabriel Orion Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:25 pm

» The maniac's complexities.
New Infinity Ward Lawsuit Details Emptyby Donnymaniac Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:18 pm

» Me, Myself and I
New Infinity Ward Lawsuit Details Emptyby Nudi_Alf Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:42 am

» Life's a bitch, but I love it
New Infinity Ward Lawsuit Details Emptyby Cromell Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:14 pm

» Naruto
New Infinity Ward Lawsuit Details Emptyby silentkiller Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:28 pm

Navigation
 Home
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Calendar
 Who's Online
Poll
What Do You Think of the New L-Factor Reborn?
Awesome! It Kicks Ass!
New Infinity Ward Lawsuit Details I_vote_lcap15%New Infinity Ward Lawsuit Details I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 6 ]
Great! Love it!
New Infinity Ward Lawsuit Details I_vote_lcap12%New Infinity Ward Lawsuit Details I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 5 ]
It's Pretty Good.
New Infinity Ward Lawsuit Details I_vote_lcap7%New Infinity Ward Lawsuit Details I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
A Fine Replacement for the Hole In My Heart After Losing the Old LF
New Infinity Ward Lawsuit Details I_vote_lcap41%New Infinity Ward Lawsuit Details I_vote_rcap
 41% [ 17 ]
It Could Be Better
New Infinity Ward Lawsuit Details I_vote_lcap12%New Infinity Ward Lawsuit Details I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 5 ]
Not That Good
New Infinity Ward Lawsuit Details I_vote_lcap0%New Infinity Ward Lawsuit Details I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
It's Bad
New Infinity Ward Lawsuit Details I_vote_lcap5%New Infinity Ward Lawsuit Details I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
I Hate It!
New Infinity Ward Lawsuit Details I_vote_lcap0%New Infinity Ward Lawsuit Details I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
YOU SUCK AT MAKING FORUMS!
New Infinity Ward Lawsuit Details I_vote_lcap7%New Infinity Ward Lawsuit Details I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 41
Affiliates
Reality Lapse (Anime)

Statistics
We have 83 registered users
The newest registered user is Jakemitch92

Our users have posted a total of 3984 messages in 336 subjects

New Infinity Ward Lawsuit Details

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ryojin
Admin
Ryojin

ForumPoints : 11280
Job/hobbies : Game Development

New Infinity Ward Lawsuit Details Empty
PostSubject: New Infinity Ward Lawsuit Details   New Infinity Ward Lawsuit Details EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 5:21 pm

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/110/1105213p1.html

Quote :
An amended complaint filed on Thursday by the Infinity Ward Employee Group has offered up new, alleged details from the ongoing legal battle between the studio and publisher Activision.

Before and after Activision fired studio heads Jason West and Vince Zampella in March, the complaint alleges Activision forced the Infinity Ward employees to "submit to secret interrogations" and that the publisher created a "police state" - like atmosphere and "hostile work environment" at the studio.

In a later meeting with the studio's employees, CEO Bobby Kotick also allegedly promised the group they would be paid their bonuses from Modern Warfare 2 in full. Kotick said "nothing will change" regarding bonus compensation, according to the complaint. But that apparently did not go as planned.

The complaint notes that "despite Bobby Kotick's oral statements to the employees of Infinity Ward to the contrary, Activision made a tactical and calculated decision to withhold $54 million of earned and vested bonus compensation from the Infinity Ward employees."

"At the same time, Activision breached its prior written promise that Modern Warfare 3 would not be the next game to be developed, produced, and delivered by Infinity Ward."

Later in March, Infinity Ward employees began to complain to Activision management about not receiving their bonuses. In an April meeting with Activision COO Thomas Tippl, he allegedly told the employees who kept demanding the bonuses to be paid to "get over it."

The complaint also alleges the reason Activision withheld the remaining $54 million owed was because they were afraid that employees would leave the studio and that Activision "would not be able to get Modern Warfare 3 to market by November 2011."

The Infinity Ward Employee Group notes they would not have left the studio had Activision, among other things, not fired Jason West and Vince Zampella, been paid their bonuses in full, and had been told the truth about the next game the studio was to develop after Modern Warfare 2.

As we reported yesterday, a trial date for both the lawsuits from Infinity Ward founders Jason West and Vince Zampella, and the Infinity Ward Employee Group against Activision has been set for May 23, 2011.

IGN has contacted Activision for additional comments.

Somehow I'm not surprised... It seems that Activision is determined to fuck IW over...

Discuss.
Back to top Go down
Cromell
Cromell

ForumPoints : 10419
Job/hobbies : Lots of them

PostSubject: Re: New Infinity Ward Lawsuit Details   New Infinity Ward Lawsuit Details EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 6:14 pm

I'm kinda curious how will it turn out. Either way, it does not present Activision in good light. Even though Activision itself might not suffer much consequences (if they win the trial), the bad taste remains.

I guess even a big, famous company with good reputation can screw their workers big time.
Back to top Go down
Ryojin
Admin
Ryojin

ForumPoints : 11280
Job/hobbies : Game Development

PostSubject: Re: New Infinity Ward Lawsuit Details   New Infinity Ward Lawsuit Details EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 6:51 pm

A whole lot of things happen to present Activision in a negative light, actually... This is just the latest bit. :/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Infinity Ward Lawsuit Details   New Infinity Ward Lawsuit Details Empty

Back to top Go down

New Infinity Ward Lawsuit Details
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
L-Factor Reborn: The Rebirth of L-Factor :: General Media Discussion :: Gaming Discussion-
Jump to: