L-Factor Reborn: The Rebirth of L-Factor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The somewhat rebirth of the L-Factor forums, without any prior permission to do so! (Ryojin was here)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
L-factor.net has returned! Please head there!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oh hai.
N/A - Page 5 Emptyby Viper718 Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:14 am

» Ryojin's stuff
N/A - Page 5 Emptyby Ryojin Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:34 am

» Help with Python
N/A - Page 5 Emptyby theariesfantasy Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:27 am

» Hikkikomori Much?
N/A - Page 5 Emptyby theariesfantasy Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:45 am

» manga deletion
N/A - Page 5 Emptyby Ryojin Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:16 am

» Captain's Log
N/A - Page 5 Emptyby Sabriel Orion Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:25 pm

» The maniac's complexities.
N/A - Page 5 Emptyby Donnymaniac Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:18 pm

» Me, Myself and I
N/A - Page 5 Emptyby Nudi_Alf Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:42 am

» Life's a bitch, but I love it
N/A - Page 5 Emptyby Cromell Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:14 pm

» Naruto
N/A - Page 5 Emptyby silentkiller Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:28 pm

Navigation
 Home
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Calendar
 Who's Online
Poll
What Do You Think of the New L-Factor Reborn?
Awesome! It Kicks Ass!
N/A - Page 5 I_vote_lcap15%N/A - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 6 ]
Great! Love it!
N/A - Page 5 I_vote_lcap12%N/A - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 5 ]
It's Pretty Good.
N/A - Page 5 I_vote_lcap7%N/A - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
A Fine Replacement for the Hole In My Heart After Losing the Old LF
N/A - Page 5 I_vote_lcap41%N/A - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 41% [ 17 ]
It Could Be Better
N/A - Page 5 I_vote_lcap12%N/A - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 5 ]
Not That Good
N/A - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%N/A - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
It's Bad
N/A - Page 5 I_vote_lcap5%N/A - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
I Hate It!
N/A - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%N/A - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
YOU SUCK AT MAKING FORUMS!
N/A - Page 5 I_vote_lcap7%N/A - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 41
Affiliates
Reality Lapse (Anime)

Statistics
We have 83 registered users
The newest registered user is Jakemitch92

Our users have posted a total of 3984 messages in 336 subjects

N/A

Go down 
+8
mrevilyevil
fathernelson
Soulmacia Orion
Viper718
theariesfantasy
Firestorm
Ryojin
Agriagropolis
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
theariesfantasy
アルジュナ!~
theariesfantasy

ForumPoints : 10835
Job/hobbies : Gaming, reading, doing nothing, drawing... eating?

N/A - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: N/A   N/A - Page 5 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 1:10 am

its not an advertisement, and as something beneficial to the gaming community i would think that people here would care, apparently not.
Back to top Go down
Viper718
Web-Admin
Professional Hitman
Viper718

ForumPoints : 11182
Job/hobbies : Grim Reaper

N/A - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: N/A   N/A - Page 5 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 2:31 am

I know what it was, and considering what it is, it isn't an advertisement exactly, though Agria has every right to remove what he wishes from his club. You may make a post about it in the Gaming section though, I give my approval.
Back to top Go down
Ryojin
Admin
Ryojin

ForumPoints : 11300
Job/hobbies : Game Development

N/A - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: N/A   N/A - Page 5 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 3:35 am

Looked a bit like an ad to me... But I think I was a bit drunk when I read that, so my memory may be incorrect. <.<

Anyway, I actually just tried DOTA for the first time today. Not bad, but I'm not too fond of it. Maybe I just need to get used to it?
Back to top Go down
Donnymaniac
The Romulator!

ForumPoints : 10343

N/A - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: N/A   N/A - Page 5 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 12:16 pm

Ryojin wrote:

Anyway, I actually just tried DOTA for the first time today. Not bad, but I'm not too fond of it. Maybe I just need to get used to it?

Yes, you really need to know the actual game to start loving it, I actually hated it at the start, then it took me 2 months to get every tiny bit of it, thing is, I had no one to guide me through, so i was on my own the first month, till i found some one kind enough to teach me some tricks, and now, well, i wouldn't call myself pro, just average, or maybe above average.
Btw what server did you play on?
I really wanna improve my game play, any tips?
Back to top Go down
Agriagropolis
Super Awesome Spam Killing SMod

N/A - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: N/A   N/A - Page 5 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 12:42 pm

Eh, just put it in the Gaming Section.

Though as a side note, seemed a little 'too good to be true' to me. Check your bank, you may have been scammed.
Back to top Go down
Ryojin
Admin
Ryojin

N/A - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: N/A   N/A - Page 5 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 4:55 pm

Donnymaniac wrote:
Btw what server did you play on?

I don't. No online multiplayer gaming at all due to my shit net connection... So I've been playing against the computer, which is rather retarded.

I understand the system, I just don't like it.
Back to top Go down
theariesfantasy
アルジュナ!~
theariesfantasy

N/A - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: N/A   N/A - Page 5 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 5:57 pm

u can play dota on a dial up connection if u got nothing else too heavy up. like u could have msn up while playing or whatever.

Quote :
Eh, just put it in the Gaming Section.

Though as a side note, seemed a little 'too good to be true' to me. Check your bank, you may have been scammed.

my bank account is fine and the games are fantastic. it feels great knowing its going to charity/actual developers instead of 90% of the money going to middlemen.
Back to top Go down
Ryojin
Admin
Ryojin

N/A - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: N/A   N/A - Page 5 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 6:40 pm

theariesfantasy wrote:
u can play dota on a dial up connection if u got nothing else too heavy up. like u could have msn up while playing or whatever.

Still doesn't change the fact that I have a 17gb download limit (though unlimited uploads) and those games tend to be rather long, taking up a bit of that limit. But even if it didn't, I prolly couldn't be bothered playing it online anyway. Only games I play online are ones that are online-only or that I really really like.

Also, check out this thread for something that I find to be rather interesting...
Back to top Go down
theariesfantasy
アルジュナ!~
theariesfantasy

N/A - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: N/A   N/A - Page 5 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 11:38 pm

Quote :
Still doesn't change the fact that I have a 17gb download limit (though unlimited uploads) and those games tend to be rather long, taking up a bit of that limit. But even if it didn't, I prolly couldn't be bothered playing it online anyway. Only games I play online are ones that are online-only or that I really really like.

i thought u americans had epic broadband deals/network, alot of americans on whirlpool(a broadband forum) saying they got unlimited ul/dl + cable etc. for like 100 bucks a month.
Back to top Go down
Ryojin
Admin
Ryojin

N/A - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: N/A   N/A - Page 5 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 2:00 am

Yeah, but that isn't available here. Nope, here in the Middle-Of-Fucking-Nowhere, Washington, there's only satellite net available, and it's shit.
Back to top Go down
Donnymaniac
The Romulator!

N/A - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: N/A   N/A - Page 5 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 5:02 pm

Ryojin wrote:

Um, i would suggest that you try playing it online once, its totally different trust me, bots are rather lame and retarded, their movements are easily anticipated.

-----

Newazz
I feel like fable, I wanna be an evil character this time, its fun when you hear em people swearing at you for being so ugly Razz
Back to top Go down
Ryojin
Admin
Ryojin

N/A - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: N/A   N/A - Page 5 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 5:07 pm

Donnymaniac wrote:
Ryojin wrote:

Um, i would suggest that you try playing it online once, its totally different trust me, bots are rather lame and retarded, their movements are easily anticipated.

-----

Newazz
I feel like fable, I wanna be an evil character this time, its fun when you hear em people swearing at you for being so ugly Razz

Unless it's a different system online than it is offline, I think I'll pass on that one. Like I said, it was the system that I wasn't fond of, not the difficulty.
Back to top Go down
Agriagropolis

N/A - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: N/A   N/A - Page 5 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 3:29 pm

Been playing Wind Waker recently. Very fun game.

And Tom, if you ever return to L-Factor, I must thank you for recommending Phoenix Wright those many cold winters ago - it is simply fanstic. A brilliant game. So far, only one part had me stumped but I'm back to whizzing through and I'm loving every second. I very much doubt you'll read this what with your business and actual ownership of a social life but meh, the message is here. To be specific, I've bought the second game as it was the only one available in the shop I'd visited and I had no prior knowledge of the series timeline. Still, other ones are yet to be ordered.

Also got Professor Layton 2 from the same shop. Yet to get far into but from what I've dabbled in, very enjoyable.

Stay Classy.
Back to top Go down
Ryojin
Admin
Ryojin

N/A - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: N/A   N/A - Page 5 EmptySun May 30, 2010 1:30 am

I've been playing through Fable 2 mostly, but I also set aside some time to start and finish Beatles RB, SC4, and SW:TFU. Two days to beat three games almost completely, while putting in quite a bit of time on a fourth.

Fun fun fun.

Abbreviations:
RB - Rock Band
SC4 - Soul Calibur 4
SW:TFU - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

(Just because I personally had trouble understanding them - Love Aggy)
Back to top Go down
Agriagropolis

N/A - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: N/A   N/A - Page 5 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 2:58 pm

Now playing Twilight Princess =D

Deliberated between the GameCube version of Ocarina of Time (the disc that comes with the special edition of Wind Waker, also contains Master Quest) and Twilight Princess. TP won due to its containing of wolf-like wolves.

So yeah, my arm's going to be really tired soon. And before anyone makes the joke, it's because I'll be swinging the WiiMote Smile

EDIT: Also, should we do a club game sometime? I'm not fussed either way, since all prior attempts usually don't meet the general consensus and nobody bothers. All in favour, do reply.
Back to top Go down
Viper718
Web-Admin
Professional Hitman
Viper718

N/A - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: N/A   N/A - Page 5 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 5:43 pm

I bet you love "swinging" your "Wiimote" *wink* *wink*

Last edited by Viper718 on Mon May 31, 2010 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Agriagropolis

N/A - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: N/A   N/A - Page 5 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 5:46 pm

Viper718 wrote:
I bet you love "swinging" your "Wiimote" *wink* *wink*

You spelled 'wank' wrong.
Back to top Go down
theariesfantasy
アルジュナ!~
theariesfantasy

N/A - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: N/A   N/A - Page 5 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 6:27 pm

twilight princess is also in my "frozen in time till i decide to play" list. so i just finished FF XIII and have to say, what a ride, the highs and low's, ups and downs... so awesome, hi-5's for the developers and punch's for the haters. now all i have to do is grind for many many hour's to beat the bosses and missions that are even harder then the final boss of the story, and also to get all my ultimate weapons.

and i dont mind playing if a club game is decided. if its something i have of course.
Back to top Go down
Agriagropolis

N/A - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: N/A   N/A - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 6:59 pm

Just finished Twilight Princess. Now replaying Ocarina of Time for what has to be the four thousanth time. Perhaps five thousanth. I lost count after breaking into triple digits.
Back to top Go down
Ryojin
Admin
Ryojin

N/A - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: N/A   N/A - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:10 pm

I'm out for any club games, as my internet doesn't support online gaming very well at all. Hell, I can't connect to any JK3 servers at all, and it doesn't take much to connect to them...

I beat all the games I previously mentioned while my internet was taking a shit for almost three weeks. I beat all but Fable 2 in two days, but I got halfway through Fable 2 in that time as well.

I fucking hate my satellite internet... 17gb download limit. If you get to 100% usage, the speeds shoot down to far less than dialup speeds (In other words, pretty much unusable), and will not go back to the proper speed until the usage falls to under 70%, which it finally fucking did an hour ago. >.<
Back to top Go down
Donnymaniac
The Romulator!

N/A - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: N/A   N/A - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 4:08 pm

Agriagropolis wrote:
A review on 'Swords of Destiny' PS2.

- First things first, let me start off by saying 'Devil May Cry rip off'. From the white-haired protagonist to the huge sword on his back, this is a game that dearly wants to be DMC. The only things missing are the guns. And he can't turn into a demon. Okay, this is taking what made DMC good and throwing those ideas out of window. Imagine playing through the entirety of DMC using only basic combos and no option of using Devil Trigger. Then, take away all the different enemies you get to fight and throw in about five enemies that occasionally get palette swaps. Welcome to Swords of Destiny! A horrible hack and slash game for the PS2 and one thankfully overlooked by gamers everywhere. Being the curious young soul I am, I picked up a copy from Amazon and only today have been playing through the story. I'm up to Stage 10, and I think it's getting near the ending (I fucking hope it's getting near the ending) so I decided to do a review on it.

Let's go over some good points first. From what I've played, Stages aren't very long and allow you to save after completing one, so it's a good game if you live a hectic lifestyle. You can boot up the PS2, pop in Swords of Destiny, play a stage, save your data and then bugger off to work or to a party or to an orgy or whatever. You are also loaded down with items, so even the most laid back of gamers who isn't that bothered by taking a few hits can relax even more in the knowledge that he can occasionally just pep himself up. The game is also ridiculously simple. Oftentimes, stages can be completed simply by mashing the square button and then walking to the exit.

I can't actually decide if I like the stage designs or not. Granted, there's a lot variety, but in some areas, it's a lot of the same and just leads to a bland and boring experience. For example, this one area (erroneously labelled 'Enter of the Underworld', well done translators clapclap) has a section with teleportation doors. Now, I wandered around this area for just about an hour before I realised that was exactly what they were! I would walk through a door, see the same bland landscape, assume I'd been warped back to an earlier part of the level and then turn round and go back through! Mind you, that's probably my fault for not instantly suspecting something had changed in the level and going off to explore but if you believe that, shut up.

A big part of Swords of Destiny are the three magic swords themselves, called the 'Swords of Yi'. Obtained during the main storyline, these swords can be upgraded through experience in three areas each. Sword Time, Power, and Air. Sword Time is this batshit crazy mode that lasts for about five seconds. When a targeting reticule turns red, bash an enemy to activate it. This then launches enemies into the air, where the protagonist (a talented apprentice. I shall call him Talap) performs instakill attacks on enemies nearby. Then it ends, you drop back to the floor and usually get bum rushed by waiting foes who for whatever reason weren't affected. Improving this stat increases the time ST is eligible for activation. But honestly, I've barely noticed a change. Between level.1 and level.8 it's still just as difficult to activate the blooming thing. Power is basically sword strength. Level it up to increase murder-bility. And Air increases the time spent in ST. Again, no noticeable changes.

Following on from the previous point, some defeated foes often drop weapons. These weapons often have special abilities, like increasing experience, or expanding dash distance. One also turns lost health into Dragon Power, which isn't nearly as impressive as it sounds. DP is basically 'Tap R1 and Talap sends out three shockwaves which do more damage than normal attacks'. Another thing I should probably go over which is of great annoyance to me, is Sealed Doors.

During Talap's quest to save Jailbait (oh, I didn't mention her? She gets kidnapped at the start, you have to save her, also your master dies, it's so cliché that you may as well just mute the game and make up your own story. Mine was about an evil giant turnip named Malcolm who was attempted to turn everyone into fat Italian men called Pedro) you randomly get locked in areas with a group of foes and a floating, flaming statue. This is the 'seal' which you need to destroy to open up the doors and continue on your merry little way. Unfortunately, the only way to break them is through ST and the only way to activate this is by waiting for the targeting reticule to turn red. And the only way for this to happen is to hit an enemy JUST BEFORE IT ATTACKS YOU. Even then, there's little chance of you destroying the damn thing. The camera instantly shoves itself up Talap's arse and the enemy disappears off screen, so you can't see a damn thing. You're then supposed to change the target to the statue, smash it and continue.

~Buuuuut, this is no simple task. Talap seems more preoccupied with his INSATIABLE BLOODTHIRST RAAAAAAGE and decides to target every enemy before the statue so chances are, ST will run out before you've even got Talap focused on the damn thing. I've tried attacking it with normal attacks, but it doesn't seem to work. Maybe it just requires a LOT of hits, but I'm not going to sit around and find out. I've found a ridiculously complicated method and I'm going to complain about it!

I've darted around this point the most, so let's talk about the characters themselves. The protagonist does have a name, but his, like everyone else in the game, is something like Wing Wong or Tau Chi. So I instantly forgot it. I'm not good with English names, so expecting me to remember Chinese ones is like asking Hawkings to scale Everest. Using only his teeth. The protagonist is your typical run of the mill, bright-eyed, bushy-tailed youth who is the top of his class and presumably lusts for adventure. He also sounds like a Power Ranger.

Next up is your master, Giant Wong. Giant gets offed pretty early from Mrs. Evil Antagonist, so Talap makes it his quest to get revenge. Oh, and Obviously The Female Lead, henceforth and previously reffered to as 'Jailbait' gets kidnapped as well, so he does that stereotypical protagonist thing - avenge my master, get me some ass.

The antagonist I quite like. Not because she possesses breasts and wears a bra made for a sixth grader, but because her voice always make me laugh because it is SO BAD. Granted, everyone in the game has a voice actor who was probably force-fed heroin before their mic got turned on, but hers takes the cake. I doubt she's the final boss though. Something's telling me she'll probably join your side, claim she's 'misunderstood' and fill in for Jailbait when she gets offed in a OMFG DID THEY SERIOUSLY JUST DO THAT plot twist. Well, ok, I just want to see her in an amatuer porno flick, coated in honey and...*continues to ramble*

The game also makes a point of telling us of the 'Great And Awesome Hero Who Sodded Off Because We Praised Him Too Much' who was the original owner of the three magic swords. He 'mysteriously disappeared' and I'm willing to bet money he's got something to do with why Jailbait was kidnapped.

Finally, music, graphics and replayability. Music is forgettable and very, very shop floor. You'll probably find yourself humming along to one or two, if you can hear them over the YAH YAH YAH SLICE SLICE SLICE GRAH UNF YAH YAH YAH. Graphics are mostly horrible. Various shades of grey and brown cover the levels, and the cutscenes are pretty forgettable as well. Replayability? Personally, once I'm finished with this game I'm never going back. Well, probably. But only to laugh.

This is the funniest review i ve read in while. ROFL
Seriously man, i think you should open a game review thread.
Oh btw i miss your comedy files. Sad

I dont mind playing a club game, i know am inactive, been busy with the magazine and me local dota tourny, i promise to play whenever i can.
Back to top Go down
Agriagropolis

N/A - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: N/A   N/A - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 5:09 pm

Donnymaniac wrote:
This is the funniest review i ve read in while. ROFL
Seriously man, i think you should open a game review thread.
Oh btw i miss your comedy files. Sad

I dont mind playing a club game, i know am inactive, been busy with the magazine and me local dota tourny, i promise to play whenever i can.

Thank you very much. ^^ I did have a lot of fun writing it. Reading it back, I'm actually laughing at a few parts...I NEVER do that with any of my stuff, not even the comedy files. I may very well do more reviews, but I'm not sure what to do one on. If I ever get in the mood again, I'll be sure to post it up.

Speaking of the comedy files, I do have a word doc with about 35 of the episodes on, but I don't have all of them from the original L-Factor. I could upload all of the files that I do have but there would still be about ten or so chapters missing, considering I never got around to saving the rest of them before L-Fac went south. As I've said in another thread though, I don't really want to continue them so it would just be those episodes and no new ones. Sorry.

Anyhoo, there's quite a few people wanting to do the club game so now we've gotta decide on one. Bear in mind this CB won't be happening anytime soon. I have exams and presumably so do other people, so revision will be taking place over the next few weeks. I'll say the end of June, possibly early July, but if we can decide on one, we can then set a deadline and have everyone ready for that day.

Also, no need to worry about inactivity. The whole point of the club game is to just play the game and offer advice, point out things others may miss, reveal tips for bosses, etc. So if you're rarely active, it could be quite a bonus, as a lot of people will have posted tips that'll help you easily catch up.

Finally, good luck to everyone that is taking exams and just generally take care. See ya.
Back to top Go down
Viper718
Web-Admin
Professional Hitman
Viper718

N/A - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: N/A   N/A - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 5:41 pm

I'm cool with a club game and all, though my availability will be sparse over the next 2 months to play just about any game. Smile
Back to top Go down
Agriagropolis

N/A - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: N/A   N/A - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 10:02 pm

OBJECTION! THIS EVIDENCE *holds up a blue biro* CLEARLY SHOWS YOU WILL BE PRESENT DURING THE NEXT TWO WEEKS! AND THAT YOU INTEND TO MURDER RYOJIN FOR HAVING A BLUE NAME!!! *throws biro down in disgust*

...You can probably tell what game I've been playing this week.

(In other news, I reserved Professor Layton 1. I bought 2, so it's time to go get the first one since that would make sense and stuff.)
Back to top Go down
theariesfantasy
アルジュナ!~
theariesfantasy

N/A - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: N/A   N/A - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 7:25 pm

so square enix just published a game called Fantasy Earth Zero, a free to play MMO. no idea what its like or anything, just thought maybe we could play/make a guild? idk. /thoughts?

il report back later when i actually download it/play it, in a few days time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

N/A - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: N/A   N/A - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

N/A
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
L-Factor Reborn: The Rebirth of L-Factor :: General Chat :: Clubs-
Jump to: