L-Factor Reborn: The Rebirth of L-Factor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The somewhat rebirth of the L-Factor forums, without any prior permission to do so! (Ryojin was here)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
L-factor.net has returned! Please head there!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oh hai.
If you're the leader of a country, what would you do? - Page 2 Emptyby Viper718 Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:14 am

» Ryojin's stuff
If you're the leader of a country, what would you do? - Page 2 Emptyby Ryojin Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:34 am

» Help with Python
If you're the leader of a country, what would you do? - Page 2 Emptyby theariesfantasy Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:27 am

» Hikkikomori Much?
If you're the leader of a country, what would you do? - Page 2 Emptyby theariesfantasy Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:45 am

» manga deletion
If you're the leader of a country, what would you do? - Page 2 Emptyby Ryojin Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:16 am

» Captain's Log
If you're the leader of a country, what would you do? - Page 2 Emptyby Sabriel Orion Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:25 pm

» The maniac's complexities.
If you're the leader of a country, what would you do? - Page 2 Emptyby Donnymaniac Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:18 pm

» Me, Myself and I
If you're the leader of a country, what would you do? - Page 2 Emptyby Nudi_Alf Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:42 am

» Life's a bitch, but I love it
If you're the leader of a country, what would you do? - Page 2 Emptyby Cromell Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:14 pm

» Naruto
If you're the leader of a country, what would you do? - Page 2 Emptyby silentkiller Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:28 pm

Navigation
 Home
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Calendar
 Who's Online
Poll
What Do You Think of the New L-Factor Reborn?
Awesome! It Kicks Ass!
If you're the leader of a country, what would you do? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap15%If you're the leader of a country, what would you do? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 6 ]
Great! Love it!
If you're the leader of a country, what would you do? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap12%If you're the leader of a country, what would you do? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 5 ]
It's Pretty Good.
If you're the leader of a country, what would you do? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%If you're the leader of a country, what would you do? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
A Fine Replacement for the Hole In My Heart After Losing the Old LF
If you're the leader of a country, what would you do? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap41%If you're the leader of a country, what would you do? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 41% [ 17 ]
It Could Be Better
If you're the leader of a country, what would you do? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap12%If you're the leader of a country, what would you do? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 5 ]
Not That Good
If you're the leader of a country, what would you do? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%If you're the leader of a country, what would you do? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
It's Bad
If you're the leader of a country, what would you do? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap5%If you're the leader of a country, what would you do? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
I Hate It!
If you're the leader of a country, what would you do? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%If you're the leader of a country, what would you do? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
YOU SUCK AT MAKING FORUMS!
If you're the leader of a country, what would you do? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%If you're the leader of a country, what would you do? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 41
Affiliates
Reality Lapse (Anime)

Statistics
We have 83 registered users
The newest registered user is Jakemitch92

Our users have posted a total of 3984 messages in 336 subjects

If you're the leader of a country, what would you do?

Go down 
+7
Animefreak3000
light_peace
Viper718
Ryojin
We_Kings
Shadowed Luminous
Firestorm
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shadowed Luminous
Shadowed Luminous

ForumPoints : 10811
Job/hobbies : accidentally clicking buttons that I was nor aware of

If you're the leader of a country, what would you do? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you're the leader of a country, what would you do?   If you're the leader of a country, what would you do? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 12:13 am

Quote :
Tell that to Starbucks when they started making unbranded coffee shops. Same coffee, different names, different decorations, etc... It did happen. People might stop buying Starbucks. But they won't stop buying the same coffee under a different name.

How about a different price ? The one detail that matters most

and which shops exactly ? I don't buy coffee from starbucks but it makes an interesting peice of knowledge

Quote :
As for Microsoft stealing work, look all around you. Take Microsoft Office as an example, they were NOT the first word processors or spreadsheets. Do you know the names of the first ones? No, you don't. Again, people cannot "stop" buying products from them because they are cheaper and more efficient than anything else - WHY? Because they dominate the market.

Wordstar

But on to my main point

Did Microsoft make any important innovations to the word processor ? Is a word processor more comparable to a copyrighted image or a toaster ( which many companies have made) ?

Also that last sentence makes me wonder what you are trying to imply (Partially due to a weird wording. People can't stop buying microsoft prodcuts because they are better and thus dominate the market, or the second situation involving Microsoft products being better than others because they dominate the market. I shall argue the most logical route, please correct me if I misunderstand what you are trying to say)

If Microsoft computers are better than others , than people will logically buy from them. Why would anyone buy an expensive computer that did not work as well as thr other cheaper computer ?

Quote :
- The public is ignorant and will buy anything advertised toward them.

Unless it is badly made or more expensive than it should be

Quote :
- By people I mean his people in Afghanistan - His advisors.

I beleive I heard something of a General McChrystal recently ...

Quote :
- When did I flame? The only person I see flaming is you. You called me an idiot. I said I'd flame back. Never said I started.

You've accused me of flaming you twice now, without any ground to stand on

But we have a twist now ! Now you are claiming that I am flaming you due to the response I gave to your first accusation ( Completley ignoring the facts of what I actually said in the response after you read the word "idiot")

Quote :
- Instead of critiquing every post you read, could you possibly say you like something for once? Stubborn, stubborn boy.

A tad condescending no ?

and how are my compliments going to do anything to help you ?

Quote :
- If you want something new, you might want to read what someone says before automatically dismissing it as incorrect and false.

I must be rather talented then

Guessing exactly what you say and writing an appropriate response to it . All without even reading your post Badass
Back to top Go down
Coldhardt
Coldhardt

ForumPoints : 10544
Job/hobbies : (//.-) Imma be an emo when I grow up!

PostSubject: Re: If you're the leader of a country, what would you do?   If you're the leader of a country, what would you do? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 5:32 am

Quote :
Quote:
- The public is ignorant and will buy anything advertised toward them.

Unless it is badly made or more expensive than it should be

Exactly. Larger companies have more money. They can produce it faster, more efficiently and cheaper than any other.

Quote :
How about a different price ? The one detail that matters most

and which shops exactly ? I don't buy coffee from starbucks but it makes an interesting peice of knowledge
Price competition only works when products are homogeneous. Because of advertising, price doesn't mean much. Would you rather buy Organic Healthy Peaches from Tom or regular, unadvertised peaches from John? The promise will cause an increase in price even if it is the same product.

http://www.brandrepublic.com/News/921446/Starbucks-trials-unbranded-stores-stealth-move/
About Starbuck's first unbranded store

Quote :
I beleive I heard something of a General McChrystal recently ..
Keyword: Recently. Not then, but now. Continue on, though.

Quote :
A tad condescending no ?

and how are my compliments going to do anything to help you ?

Constructive criticism? I agree with you on this, however I disagree on this and this.

Quote :
All you did in the last post was ask questions.
Also that last sentence makes me wonder what you are trying to imply (Partially due to a weird wording. People can't stop buying microsoft prodcuts because they are better and thus dominate the market, or the second situation involving Microsoft products being better than others because they dominate the market. I shall argue the most logical route, please correct me if I misunderstand what you are trying to say)

If Microsoft computers are better than others , than people will logically buy from them. Why would anyone buy an expensive computer that did not work as well as thr other cheaper computer ?

I imply both. Microsoft is a multibillion dollar company. They have the resources and the labor. Anything other companies do, they will, and cheaper. Bootcamp came out for Mac two years back in its beta phase. Now, Windows 7 is having Training Camp which does the same thing. It is not copyright because they change the coding, add features and give it a new look.
Why would people buy something you make that's incomplete when Windows has developing teams making the same thing but better, more lightweight and cheaper?

How many Operating Systems do you know other than Mac, Windows and Linux?

Last edited by Coldhardt on Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Misclicked)
Back to top Go down
Shadowed Luminous
Shadowed Luminous

ForumPoints : 10811
Job/hobbies : accidentally clicking buttons that I was nor aware of

PostSubject: Re: If you're the leader of a country, what would you do?   If you're the leader of a country, what would you do? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 2:58 pm

Quote :
Exactly. Larger companies have more money. They can produce it faster, more efficiently and cheaper than any other.

1. and what is the negative effect of buying from theese companies that make such quick products ? Are they made badly or something ?

If a product is cheaper or better made than another, I will buy it. Not because of some subtle brainwashing by but due to the fact that I want the most bang for my buck.

I understand the whole Monoply theory of what happen when the other choices are crushed but based on your statements thus far the blame seems to fall on the other companies who make worse products.

Even if a company makes a complete monoply on something , goes crazy and raises their prices through the roof, what would cause people to simply stop buying said product ? We are not entitled to said product, and raising their prices that much is a basic form of buisness suicide. (And no, I don't think we will ever see a company get a monoply on everything or a legion of monoplies that will encompass everything. That would probably be a bit concerning but I doubt the chance that it would ever happen)

Quote :
Price competition only works when products are homogeneous. Because of advertising, price doesn't mean much. Would you rather buy Organic Healthy Peaches from Tom or regular, unadvertised peaches from John? The promise will cause an increase in price even if it is the same product.

http://www.brandrepublic.com/News/921446/Starbucks-trials-unbranded-stores-stealth-move/
About Starbuck's first unbranded store

An honest answer for your question would be the peaches from John. When someone advertises their product as healthy orgood for something, you can bet it's going to be more expensive than it needs to be.

and thanks for the link by the way, Going to consider it for a bit

Quote :

Quote :
I imply both. Microsoft is a multibillion dollar company. They have the resources and the labor. Anything other companies do, they will, and cheaper. Bootcamp came out for Mac two years back in its beta phase. Now, Windows 7 is having Training Camp which does the same thing. It is not copyright because they change the coding, add features and give it a new look.
Why would people buy something you make that's incomplete when Windows has developing teams making the same thing but better, more lightweight and cheaper?

How many Operating Systems do you know other than Mac, Windows and Linux?

OK then

Would you enjoy having the option of acquiring a cheaply priced superior computer taken away and thus having you limited to a vast array of expensive computers that would make better use as doorstops ?

and on to my second situation earlier

How did they come to dominate the market ? Obviously they had to do something better than the competitors for people to buy their computers to such a degree.

One last question on your thought process

Why would you even consider buying something from an incomptent clod when you could buy from someone who obviously has the better product ? I certainly don't afford such sympathy to someone when my money is on the table...

People do not usually buy crud
Back to top Go down
Nudi_Alf
Nudi_Alf

ForumPoints : 10431
Job/hobbies : Drawing, drawing, WoW and some more drawing

PostSubject: Re: If you're the leader of a country, what would you do?   If you're the leader of a country, what would you do? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 7:04 am

Sorry to bumb in like this, but I have just read the whole thread and Viper.. I'll totally vote for you anytime if you stood up for election for a country (world) leader cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you're the leader of a country, what would you do?   If you're the leader of a country, what would you do? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

If you're the leader of a country, what would you do?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
L-Factor Reborn: The Rebirth of L-Factor :: General Chat :: Debate Room-
Jump to: