L-Factor Reborn: The Rebirth of L-Factor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The somewhat rebirth of the L-Factor forums, without any prior permission to do so! (Ryojin was here)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
L-factor.net has returned! Please head there!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oh hai.
Oh hai. - Page 2 Emptyby Viper718 Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:14 am

» Ryojin's stuff
Oh hai. - Page 2 Emptyby Ryojin Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:34 am

» Help with Python
Oh hai. - Page 2 Emptyby theariesfantasy Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:27 am

» Hikkikomori Much?
Oh hai. - Page 2 Emptyby theariesfantasy Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:45 am

» manga deletion
Oh hai. - Page 2 Emptyby Ryojin Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:16 am

» Captain's Log
Oh hai. - Page 2 Emptyby Sabriel Orion Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:25 pm

» The maniac's complexities.
Oh hai. - Page 2 Emptyby Donnymaniac Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:18 pm

» Me, Myself and I
Oh hai. - Page 2 Emptyby Nudi_Alf Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:42 am

» Life's a bitch, but I love it
Oh hai. - Page 2 Emptyby Cromell Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:14 pm

» Naruto
Oh hai. - Page 2 Emptyby silentkiller Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:28 pm

Navigation
 Home
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Calendar
 Who's Online
Poll
What Do You Think of the New L-Factor Reborn?
Awesome! It Kicks Ass!
Oh hai. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap15%Oh hai. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 6 ]
Great! Love it!
Oh hai. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap12%Oh hai. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 5 ]
It's Pretty Good.
Oh hai. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%Oh hai. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
A Fine Replacement for the Hole In My Heart After Losing the Old LF
Oh hai. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap41%Oh hai. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 41% [ 17 ]
It Could Be Better
Oh hai. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap12%Oh hai. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 5 ]
Not That Good
Oh hai. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Oh hai. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
It's Bad
Oh hai. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap5%Oh hai. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
I Hate It!
Oh hai. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Oh hai. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
YOU SUCK AT MAKING FORUMS!
Oh hai. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%Oh hai. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 41
Affiliates
Reality Lapse (Anime)

Statistics
We have 83 registered users
The newest registered user is Jakemitch92

Our users have posted a total of 3984 messages in 336 subjects

Oh hai.

Go down 
+7
Nudi_Alf
Ryojin
Donnymaniac
Kila_Bite
Agriagropolis
Firestorm
Jakemitch92
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ryojin
Admin
Ryojin

ForumPoints : 11576
Job/hobbies : Game Development

Oh hai. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh hai.   Oh hai. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 5:16 pm

Sounds good to me!
Back to top Go down
Logan
Admin
Logan

ForumPoints : 10480

Oh hai. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh hai.   Oh hai. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 7:12 pm

Good to hear the site is back on track, with what seems to be a good new start with fresh changes.

I'm a big fan of this "all equality" idea, especially having posts only count in the regular areas. It's also means that moderators will require to post in places other than the secret mod only section, which really should be a key aspect of being a moderator: proactive with the members. Otherwise, you get this whole barrier thing popping in to say hi and cause issues. It's one thing being in charge of a particular area, but I'd like to see being a mod of an area being more than just preaching the rules at people and deleting/editting posts and threads.

I'll not ramble on about ideas here though. But I would like to see a forum that isn't tied down with preconceptions of power, status or the like. Also, would like see a number of interesting and/or unique things coming into it, a bit like the graphics battles that we used to have, i.e. getting everyone involved in particular events.

To chew on I guess.
Back to top Go down
Agriagropolis
Super Awesome Spam Killing SMod

ForumPoints : 11111

Oh hai. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh hai.   Oh hai. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 7:19 pm

Fair dues, Kila. Probably could've answered my own question if I'd stopped to think about it. It Is a Mystery

Also, agreed with Logan. I personally may have been a teensie weensie tiny whiny little bit preachy as a mod. Ahem. At least this time, I'll have more incentive to interact and NOT be a giant arse.

On another note, how goes the fine-tuning? Everything slowly falling into place? Best of luck, yo.
Back to top Go down
Kila_Bite
Admin

ForumPoints : 10372

Oh hai. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh hai.   Oh hai. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 7:50 pm

Thanks everyone. I wasn't too sure how this would go down with you all as it's quite a radical change from how we used to run things. The idea is that mods are just regular members with a few more duties and permissions. I really want the mods to feel a part of the forum community, not just part of the staff.

This time we're relaxing on the members but also watching the staff more closely. Chances are if a staff member disappears for a month with no prior warning. It's safe to say they'll be removed from the staff list. (I know I was guilty of this on the old forums, with the amount of admins and mods we had I felt a little superfluous to the requirement so posted under a different user account.) The reason for this is simple, if we expect the members to be active and keep coming back then surely the staff should be doing so on a regular basis unless they've told us that they won't be on.

There will definitely be the various championships. Once online I intend to speak to BlueLaguna about the possibility of prizes. (Thinking speed pass but don't hold me to it as it's entirely up to the big man). As well as championship winners will get a custom user title and a few extra bits in the forums. Not quite decided what these are yet but I'll think a little harder closer to the time.

Many of you already know about the arcade system. If you didn't, allow me to say this: There's an arcade system. It's pretty cool.
In all seriousness myself and Ik are confident it'll go down a treat. (almost as well as the old RPG). In terms of the RPG, we've had to draw a line under it for now. it doesn't mean it's gone, just means it's not going to be on there for the foreseeable future.

Yes I am looking at alternatives. There's some cool stuff out there. The arcade is just the start.

What else? Oh yeah, Ik posted some screenshots on the current offline message aaaand the shoutbox on there is crap but it's the best I can do without dedicating hours to something that's not going to be there long.
Back to top Go down
Firestorm
Super Moderator
Forum Games Moderator
Lounge Moderator
Firestorm

ForumPoints : 11236
Job/hobbies : Poking at Viper and Aggy and claim that Ryo did it!

Oh hai. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh hai.   Oh hai. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 9:30 pm

With all the explanation and and description by Kila, I'm very happy we're going to have the forum back and with some interesting changes. Just a few more days to go and it's on. This time around I hope the forum stays for good and there'd be more members (active members) joining the forum.

As for the staff thing, it's a great idea. Adding more staff as the admin see fits. Even though the more, the merrier but sometimes the more isn't that good. Anyway, can't wait for the day!!
Back to top Go down
Agriagropolis
Super Awesome Spam Killing SMod

Oh hai. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh hai.   Oh hai. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 11:58 pm

Kila, you and Crux are working your asses off on the new L-Factor.

If not just from me, but from every member who joins and partakes in the revival of a brilliant community, thank you.
Back to top Go down
Logan
Admin
Logan

ForumPoints : 10480

Oh hai. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh hai.   Oh hai. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 12:32 am

Firestorm wrote:

As for the staff thing, it's a great idea. Adding more staff as the admin see fits. Even though the more, the merrier but sometimes the more isn't that good. Anyway, can't wait for the day!!

I don't really think the notion of "the more the merrier" is really a good idea with the idea of everyone being equal. You only really need a few people to make sure that posts and threads are kept in line. Having too many moderators can have a negative light: "Oh, this forum needs a lot of mods because it's unruly" for example, can be a perception. Of course, you could say something about having only a few, but to me it'd say "This is a tidy and pleasant forum because it doesn't need many mods to keep it in check". Really, the mods should be there mostly to clear up the mess when it occurs, rather than be seen as a the controlling powers that be. I think it was sometimes a problem with the old L-Factors. Mods and members were often seperated. I'm sure I remember my name being used a few times, simply as a control icon and nothing more, especially whilst on the admin roster. So, really, I think when it comes to mods, it's good to have the big guys (admins, who do all the behind the scenes and the important stuff) and a select few Super Mods, to do the clearing up and ease the work of the admins, mostly so they can focus on the important stuff.

But if you wanted a particular area (or areas) to be looked after by a single person - the usual moderator - you could have those be more than just the moderator for the given areas. So, whilst they'd have the ability to perform basic moderator duties, they should be the ones responsible for keeping it active, or trying to get the regular members active in different areas. One of the biggest issues I think we've had before, is certain areas becoming inactive due to a lack of members simply because those members don't want to try or find no interest there. I think having a person, who is obviously dedicated to that area and is willing, that would promote their area - without trying to compete with everyone else naturally. Think of things like amateur nights or those places you go to with many different clubs in them, for people to try out new things.

And I said I wouldn't go on about things like this, until the new forum is ready. Oh well, it's a good place to start the ideas rolling I guess.
Back to top Go down
theariesfantasy
アルジュナ!~
theariesfantasy

Job/hobbies : Gaming, reading, doing nothing, drawing... eating?

Oh hai. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh hai.   Oh hai. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 6:03 am

Quote :
But if you wanted a particular area (or areas) to be looked after by a single person - the usual moderator - you could have those be more than just the moderator for the given areas. So, whilst they'd have the ability to perform basic moderator duties, they should be the ones responsible for keeping it active, or trying to get the regular members active in different areas.

^this.

what i like about this other forum that i frequent is that every time a new anime comes out, someone will make a detailed thread outlining the anime etc. like a proper first post, not just a "this anime is good ebcause X and Y, anyone" and hundreds of others woulda instantly participate Dx. something like that on LF would be sick
Back to top Go down
Donnymaniac
The Romulator!

ForumPoints : 10619

Oh hai. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh hai.   Oh hai. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 9:26 am

theariesfantasy wrote:
Quote :
But if you wanted a particular area (or areas) to be looked after by a single person - the usual moderator - you could have those be more than just the moderator for the given areas. So, whilst they'd have the ability to perform basic moderator duties, they should be the ones responsible for keeping it active, or trying to get the regular members active in different areas.

^this.

what i like about this other forum that i frequent is that every time a new anime comes out, someone will make a detailed thread outlining the anime etc. like a proper first post, not just a "this anime is good ebcause X and Y, anyone" and hundreds of others woulda instantly participate Dx. something like that on LF would be sick

I would personally love that, its so hard for me to pick the next anime i am to watch, since i don't like everything the Japanese throw at us, so this would put an end to my misery.

On the other hand, i agree with only having few admins, and prolly 2 or 3 active
S mods. What logan said is quite logical, our main aim should be keeping every part of the forum active, and to do that, we do need people to overlook it, but really, if the number of active members we have is barely 30, whats the point of having 15 mods/s mods/admins etc.
I think that for now, kila crux and whoever they appoint with them is more than enough for our growing community, and with time they can appoint more according to the forums need.
So i ll put it this way, lets all just make sure the new l-f stays active and fun, for us and for the new members.
When LF went down, it seriously left an impact on me, although i do not post alot, but i do visit and check the latest posts almost everyday, just too lazy to reply, but i think i can get over that. Razz

Finally, Thank you kila, thank you crux.
<3
Back to top Go down
Viper718
Web-Admin
Professional Hitman
Viper718

ForumPoints : 11458
Job/hobbies : Grim Reaper

Oh hai. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh hai.   Oh hai. - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 12:14 am

Ryojin wrote:
I wouldn't be expecting to be anything more than a normal member if I were you... I know I am not expecting it, based on what I have heard...

I demand BL's job, a salary increase, and some tofu Sundaes! But make sure the "tofu" is actually icecream...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oh hai. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh hai.   Oh hai. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Oh hai.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
L-Factor Reborn: The Rebirth of L-Factor :: General Chat-
Jump to: