L-Factor Reborn: The Rebirth of L-Factor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The somewhat rebirth of the L-Factor forums, without any prior permission to do so! (Ryojin was here)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
L-factor.net has returned! Please head there!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oh hai.
manga deletion Emptyby Viper718 Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:14 am

» Ryojin's stuff
manga deletion Emptyby Ryojin Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:34 am

» Help with Python
manga deletion Emptyby theariesfantasy Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:27 am

» Hikkikomori Much?
manga deletion Emptyby theariesfantasy Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:45 am

» manga deletion
manga deletion Emptyby Ryojin Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:16 am

» Captain's Log
manga deletion Emptyby Sabriel Orion Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:25 pm

» The maniac's complexities.
manga deletion Emptyby Donnymaniac Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:18 pm

» Me, Myself and I
manga deletion Emptyby Nudi_Alf Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:42 am

» Life's a bitch, but I love it
manga deletion Emptyby Cromell Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:14 pm

» Naruto
manga deletion Emptyby silentkiller Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:28 pm

Navigation
 Home
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Calendar
 Who's Online
Poll
What Do You Think of the New L-Factor Reborn?
Awesome! It Kicks Ass!
manga deletion I_vote_lcap15%manga deletion I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 6 ]
Great! Love it!
manga deletion I_vote_lcap12%manga deletion I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 5 ]
It's Pretty Good.
manga deletion I_vote_lcap7%manga deletion I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
A Fine Replacement for the Hole In My Heart After Losing the Old LF
manga deletion I_vote_lcap41%manga deletion I_vote_rcap
 41% [ 17 ]
It Could Be Better
manga deletion I_vote_lcap12%manga deletion I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 5 ]
Not That Good
manga deletion I_vote_lcap0%manga deletion I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
It's Bad
manga deletion I_vote_lcap5%manga deletion I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
I Hate It!
manga deletion I_vote_lcap0%manga deletion I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
YOU SUCK AT MAKING FORUMS!
manga deletion I_vote_lcap7%manga deletion I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 41
Affiliates
Reality Lapse (Anime)

Statistics
We have 83 registered users
The newest registered user is Jakemitch92

Our users have posted a total of 3984 messages in 336 subjects

manga deletion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Animefreak3000

ForumPoints : 10865
Job/hobbies : sponsored by microsoft to play call of duty for XBOX

manga deletion Empty
PostSubject: manga deletion   manga deletion EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 5:37 pm

apparently the manga destributers as a whole made some new decision so they want ALL manga removed from online sites regardless of whether its liscensed or not. the site i usually visit decided to follow along with their wishes but im sure a lot of sites will keep there manga up..at least until they get sued and have their website shut down. im rly not looking forward to it cause i wont be able to finish reading bleach, naruto, some other ones i havent finished or started, not to mention new ones that get released without going to some new random site everytime.
Back to top Go down
theariesfantasy
アルジュナ!~
theariesfantasy

ForumPoints : 11111
Job/hobbies : Gaming, reading, doing nothing, drawing... eating?

manga deletion Empty
PostSubject: Re: manga deletion   manga deletion EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 6:25 pm

manga in the western world is ridiculously expensive, also we have to wait years after the japanese release for it to potentially get licensed then distributed, as far as i know there is no practical way to read translated manga online besides downloading scanlated one's. like anime, till they deliver what the community as a whole want's, i will keep pirating.

tl;dr if you want me to pay then make it worth paying for.
Back to top Go down
Animefreak3000

manga deletion Empty
PostSubject: Re: manga deletion   manga deletion EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:46 pm

theariesfantasy wrote:
manga in the western world is ridiculously expensive, also we have to wait years after the japanese release for it to potentially get licensed then distributed, as far as i know there is no practical way to read translated manga online besides downloading scanlated one's. like anime, till they deliver what the community as a whole want's, i will keep pirating.

tl;dr if you want me to pay then make it worth paying for.

i read may manga like a week after its released online without downloading it.......and thats why i dont want it taken off of onine sites cause ill have the problems u were talking about. having to wait forever for them to be licensed so i can buy them for example.
Back to top Go down
Ryojin
Admin
Ryojin

ForumPoints : 11576
Job/hobbies : Game Development

manga deletion Empty
PostSubject: Re: manga deletion   manga deletion EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 2:41 am

Typical... It's too expensive for you, so you steal...

No wonder it's so expensive... They have to jack up the price to make any money off it because of piracy!
Back to top Go down
theariesfantasy
アルジュナ!~
theariesfantasy

ForumPoints : 11111
Job/hobbies : Gaming, reading, doing nothing, drawing... eating?

manga deletion Empty
PostSubject: Re: manga deletion   manga deletion EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 3:40 am

what exactly are we "stealing"? someone, somewhere had to buy it then post it online. manga is rarely officially translated into english AND when it is, it will be translated months if not years after the original release. now what if i read about a manga thats coming out soon, i want to read it. no1 is releasing it in english officialy, so i get scanlation's, because thats the ONLY thing i can do, they're not accommodating me, a potential customer. were effectively accessing something that we want that isnt available to us any other way.

and by manga distributors, you mean western companies right, because manga is huge in japan and always will be. even if i had a job, id be the one buying the manga and uploading it.
Back to top Go down
Ryojin
Admin
Ryojin

manga deletion Empty
PostSubject: Re: manga deletion   manga deletion EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 4:03 pm

When you take something without paying for it, it's called stealing. Yes, piracy is stealing. And no, it doesn't matter if someone somewhere bought it. The point is that even though you're taking it, YOU didn't buy it, therefore, YOU'RE stealing it.

Wanna know why more stuff doesn't get translated and sold in other countries? Because of people like you guys. You can claim all you want that the only reason you pirate them is because they aren't available otherwise, but the fact of the matter is that even if the stuff is translated and sold here, it still gets pirated far more than it gets purchased. What reason do they have to translate and sell it if they aren't going to make a whole lot of money off of it?

Also:
Quote :
till they deliver what the community as a whole want's, i will keep pirating.

Nobody delivers what the community as a whole wants. Partially because what the community as a whole wants isn't consistent with itself and partially because of the sheer amount of money it would cost to accommodate those wants, money which would not be regained by the sales. You're asking for the impossible.
Back to top Go down
Cromell
Cromell

ForumPoints : 10715
Job/hobbies : Lots of them

manga deletion Empty
PostSubject: Re: manga deletion   manga deletion EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 4:25 pm

I buy mangas from time to time (as much as my funds allow that) to support polish manga market, but here the situation is even worse than in USA. Not many series get translated, and in most cases - with a huge delay. For example, atm there are TWO (out of nine or more, I'm not sure right now) translated and available in bookstores volumes of Black Lagoon and the third is "coming soon" for at least a year now.

BTW. Scanlations and fansubs are NOT official releases and in countries that the particular series are not licensed (or have none at all distributor), it's almost like they don't exist.

Now, whether it's moral to download mangas is the whole other story. In my opinion, reading unavailable otherwise mangas online is of no consequence for the market - but buying those available would certainly make it richer and wider.

Manga volume in Poland costs about 4-5 bucks (16-19 PLN). It's not really that much when buying single or few volumes from time to time... but thinking how much a whole series would cost is very disencouraging Razz.

Back to top Go down
Animefreak3000

manga deletion Empty
PostSubject: Re: manga deletion   manga deletion EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 1:05 am

yea i have a job and each day i work i get $90+ and i usually work 2 or 3 days a week....that said, i refuse to waste my money on buying manga when it could be available for free online. Because of people like them rojin, the US in a econamic recession because these people jack up prices or get greedy and think everyone should pay for everything...maybe if the manga distributers loosened up...made things cheeper.... or made a special deal like buy 3 mangas get 3 free or something. not only that but that should be available quicker and easier online cause a lot of people like me dont want to go out to a store to find something they may not even have in stock.

Quote :
Nobody delivers what the community as a whole wants. Partially because what the community as a whole wants isn't consistent with itself and partially because of the sheer amount of money it would cost to accommodate those wants, money which would not be regained by the sales. You're asking for the impossible.

i do however agree 100% with you on that
Back to top Go down
Ryojin
Admin
Ryojin

manga deletion Empty
PostSubject: Re: manga deletion   manga deletion EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 3:37 am

You're telling me that you expect people to put work into things and just give that work away?

facepalm

And really, how do you expect them to 'loosen up' when if they lower the price, they will lose even more money because of people like you who simply get it online for free? You don't seem to have a clear understanding of basic business.

Also, prices have increased because of a recession, not the other way around.
Back to top Go down
Firestorm
Super Moderator
Forum Games Moderator
Lounge Moderator
Firestorm

ForumPoints : 11236
Job/hobbies : Poking at Viper and Aggy and claim that Ryo did it!

manga deletion Empty
PostSubject: Re: manga deletion   manga deletion EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 8:21 am

As far as I'm concerned, Onemanga site is going to stop operation. Maybe by the end of this week. I'm not a manga reader but I sure pity those who have been following/reading mangas from the beginning.

IMO, the owners have their right to stop other people from publishing their mangas online even not for financial purposes because it's their work that has been used. Basically, I believe it's plagiarism.

Having said that, I don't mind if people put mangas online because it would take decades for the mangas to reach the book shelves and some people (I believe, almost all) who have been following mangas can't wait that long.

I do hope that the animes would not face the same situation like the mangas or I'll be crazy
Back to top Go down
Animefreak3000

manga deletion Empty
PostSubject: Re: manga deletion   manga deletion EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 4:09 pm

Quote :
Also, prices have increased because of a recession, not the other way around.

i wasnt implying that it was, i was implying its because of american stupidity.

Quote :
IMO, the owners have their right to stop other people from publishing their mangas online even not for financial purposes because it's their work that has been used. Basically, I believe it's plagiarism.

Having said that, I don't mind if people put mangas online because it would take decades for the mangas to reach the book shelves and some people (I believe, almost all) who have been following mangas can't wait that long

agree with both of those to, and i dont really think it matters if people take it as long as they credit the publishers...the publishers do lose a large amount of money on online manga trafficing but they're still rich...they don't need more money...i mean if i was an actor, manga owner...etc. i definetley would put my money to better use by donating it or something not hoarding it for myself. but yea overall i think i could handle going out to buy manga but like you said it'd be forever until i could actually go out and buy that here.

Quote :
I do hope that the animes would not face the same situation like the mangas or I'll be crazy

they kinda already did that by the way, but they arent really that serious about it yet like they are with manga because theyd hava a lot of riots on there hands because of all the anime fans over seas. if they did do a full scale ban on anime online though...id kill myself =]

Back to top Go down
Ryojin
Admin
Ryojin

manga deletion Empty
PostSubject: Re: manga deletion   manga deletion EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 4:32 pm

It doesn't matter as long as they credit the publishers? I can assure you that the publishers don't feel the same way. I highly doubt that the actual creators feel that way either. It doesn't matter whether or not they are rich. What matters is that they are putting out work only to have that work stolen. On top of that, where do you think the artists get their money? From the sales the publishers make. When you steal from the publishers and take money from them, the real damage is to the artists behind them because they don't get paid for doing the real work behind it all.

Think about it this way... You get hired to write a book. You go to a publisher, and they publish it. But instead of people buying your book, only a couple people buy it and the rest pirate it online. How would YOU feel? Would you be happy about it, that your hard work is being stolen, that your profits are being taken from you?

Who's the real greedy one? The one who is trying to make a living off of their work, or the one who takes that person's work without paying for it?
Back to top Go down
Animefreak3000

manga deletion Empty
PostSubject: Re: manga deletion   manga deletion EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 11:31 pm

Ryojin wrote:
It doesn't matter as long as they credit the publishers? I can assure you that the publishers don't feel the same way. I highly doubt that the actual creators feel that way either. It doesn't matter whether or not they are rich. What matters is that they are putting out work only to have that work stolen. On top of that, where do you think the artists get their money? From the sales the publishers make. When you steal from the publishers and take money from them, the real damage is to the artists behind them because they don't get paid for doing the real work behind it all.

Think about it this way... You get hired to write a book. You go to a publisher, and they publish it. But instead of people buying your book, only a couple people buy it and the rest pirate it online. How would YOU feel? Would you be happy about it, that your hard work is being stolen, that your profits are being taken from you?

Who's the real greedy one? The one who is trying to make a living off of their work, or the one who takes that person's work without paying for it?

honestly i wouldn't really care..i'd be happy a lot of people wanted my work that badly and i still woulda made some money doing what i loved so its a win win...thats how everyone should feel. i'm not greedy but people like them, are.
Back to top Go down
Ryojin
Admin
Ryojin

manga deletion Empty
PostSubject: Re: manga deletion   manga deletion EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 1:16 am

Actually, you are greedy, simply because you want to take without paying. That's far more greedy than wanted to get paid for your work.

And somehow I highly doubt that you would feel like you do now if you were in their position.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

manga deletion Empty
PostSubject: Re: manga deletion   manga deletion Empty

Back to top Go down

manga deletion
Page 1 of 1