L-Factor Reborn: The Rebirth of L-Factor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The somewhat rebirth of the L-Factor forums, without any prior permission to do so! (Ryojin was here)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
L-factor.net has returned! Please head there!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oh hai.
Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate) Emptyby Viper718 Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:14 am

» Ryojin's stuff
Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate) Emptyby Ryojin Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:34 am

» Help with Python
Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate) Emptyby theariesfantasy Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:27 am

» Hikkikomori Much?
Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate) Emptyby theariesfantasy Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:45 am

» manga deletion
Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate) Emptyby Ryojin Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:16 am

» Captain's Log
Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate) Emptyby Sabriel Orion Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:25 pm

» The maniac's complexities.
Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate) Emptyby Donnymaniac Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:18 pm

» Me, Myself and I
Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate) Emptyby Nudi_Alf Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:42 am

» Life's a bitch, but I love it
Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate) Emptyby Cromell Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:14 pm

» Naruto
Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate) Emptyby silentkiller Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:28 pm

Navigation
 Home
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Calendar
 Who's Online
Poll
What Do You Think of the New L-Factor Reborn?
Awesome! It Kicks Ass!
Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate) I_vote_lcap15%Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate) I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 6 ]
Great! Love it!
Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate) I_vote_lcap12%Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate) I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 5 ]
It's Pretty Good.
Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate) I_vote_lcap7%Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate) I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
A Fine Replacement for the Hole In My Heart After Losing the Old LF
Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate) I_vote_lcap41%Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate) I_vote_rcap
 41% [ 17 ]
It Could Be Better
Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate) I_vote_lcap12%Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate) I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 5 ]
Not That Good
Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate) I_vote_lcap0%Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate) I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
It's Bad
Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate) I_vote_lcap5%Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate) I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
I Hate It!
Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate) I_vote_lcap0%Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate) I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
YOU SUCK AT MAKING FORUMS!
Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate) I_vote_lcap7%Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate) I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 41
Affiliates
Reality Lapse (Anime)

Statistics
We have 83 registered users
The newest registered user is Jakemitch92

Our users have posted a total of 3984 messages in 336 subjects

Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadowed Luminous
Shadowed Luminous

ForumPoints : 10857
Job/hobbies : accidentally clicking buttons that I was nor aware of

Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate) Empty
PostSubject: Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate)   Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate) EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 6:27 pm

Some research material

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_health_care

Here in america we are currently discussing a new way to run our healthcare system.

Dem Plan (Pending)

Republican plan (http://gopleader.gov/UploadedFiles/a_tale_of_two_approaches.pdf)

Do you think that the currently accepted definition of Universal healthcare is decent ? Is it right to take money from one group for the benefit of another ? Should all people be forced to "give" their money to this system ?

Add as you see fit
Back to top Go down
Viper718
Web-Admin
Professional Hitman
Viper718

ForumPoints : 11208
Job/hobbies : Grim Reaper

PostSubject: Re: Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate)   Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate) EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 7:06 pm

Well, most people seem to be misinformed about what the original plan from the democratic party was, which was a public option, in which about 5 % of the country who are unable to get insurance would be able to pay into a government insurance program, just like any other program, and get quality, affordable health care. Also, the dem plan would get rid of the term "preexisting condition" in the healthcare system.

Also, another thing most people seem to be quite misinformed about is that the dem bill would DECREASE the national deficit, not increase it. Also, the tax payers would NOT be paying for this public option insurance, only the starting subsidary and people enrolled in the plan would be paying for it (like any other insurance plan).

This plan would also call for cutting out waste and abuse in medicare, which makes most believe they will lose their medicare, but infact it would only save the government money, while making it so you get BETTER medicare.

The democratic health care plan is not a single-payer plan like most think it is, but as I stated before, a government run health insurance company which can be chosen to be payed into or not. You have a CHOICE to go with the government healthcare, and pay their premiums, or with the private company healthcare, and pay theirs.

The public option would also lower rates of health insurance because insurance companies that currently go unapposed in certain states with healthcare service would now have a competitor for members. With thought of common sense, they would try and compete with the rates of the public option healthcare plan, and thus lowering rates.

There's a lot to this bill that has been skewed in the public eye, and thus many people who would support this plan, don't. I have heard interviews with people who appose the plan, when asked what kind of plan they would want, explain almost exactly what the public option plan actually is.

Public view is skewed by a media that no longer knows how to report the facts.
Back to top Go down
Shadowed Luminous
Shadowed Luminous

PostSubject: Re: Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate)   Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate) EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 8:11 pm

Viper718 wrote:
Well, most people seem to be misinformed about what the original plan from the democratic party was, which was a public option, in which about 5 % of the country who are unable to get insurance would be able to pay into a government insurance program, just like any other program, and get quality, affordable health care. Also, the dem plan would get rid of the term "preexisting condition" in the healthcare system.

Also, another thing most people seem to be quite misinformed about is that the dem bill would DECREASE the national deficit, not increase it. Also, the tax payers would NOT be paying for this public option insurance, only the starting subsidary and people enrolled in the plan would be paying for it (like any other insurance plan).

This plan would also call for cutting out waste and abuse in medicare, which makes most believe they will lose their medicare, but infact it would only save the government money, while making it so you get BETTER medicare.

The democratic health care plan is not a single-payer plan like most think it is, but as I stated before, a government run health insurance company which can be chosen to be payed into or not. You have a CHOICE to go with the government healthcare, and pay their premiums, or with the private company healthcare, and pay theirs.

The public option would also lower rates of health insurance because insurance companies that currently go unapposed in certain states with healthcare service would now have a competitor for members. With thought of common sense, they would try and compete with the rates of the public option healthcare plan, and thus lowering rates.

There's a lot to this bill that has been skewed in the public eye, and thus many people who would support this plan, don't. I have heard interviews with people who appose the plan, when asked what kind of plan they would want, explain almost exactly what the public option plan actually is.

Just curious here but do you have a source ? It might help
Back to top Go down
Viper718
Web-Admin
Professional Hitman
Viper718

PostSubject: Re: Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate)   Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate) EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 8:16 pm

Well, there is the source you probably would rather not deal with, and it's an almost 2000 page bill. The other source would be Assosciated Press, which has fact checked the bill, and broken it down into main snippets.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Raven

ForumPoints : 10623
Job/hobbies : Part-time Caregiver, Full-time Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate)   Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate) EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 1:33 am

I think if the government explained the bill clearer to the public, this whole issue would be eliminated. Having to do "behind the scenes" research to understand everything, as well as find out if things that are said are true or not, is personally annoying to me. I'm getting tired of not getting the facts, from both the media and the government. But I guess this is just a fact of life. *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
Viper718
Web-Admin
Professional Hitman
Viper718

PostSubject: Re: Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate)   Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate) EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 1:43 am

Well, the government has explained the bill, quite often, but the media has decided to cover the ones disputing the claims more intently, thus providing us more misinformation than information.

Now yes, though, the government isn't perfectly clear, but the bill is free forum. It's kind of sad how people are being duped so easily in this country, and that the people that could help them just aren't. There's such a large network of misinformation in this country, and it's sad.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Raven

ForumPoints : 10623
Job/hobbies : Part-time Caregiver, Full-time Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate)   Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate) EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 1:48 am

I rarely trust the internet anymore... Even it can be edited and falsified. There is so much misinformation, that it overshadows the truth. It makes trusting anyone in political offices a great effort indeed.
Back to top Go down
Shadowed Luminous
Shadowed Luminous

PostSubject: Re: Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate)   Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate) EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 3:05 pm

Viper718 wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnews/20091224/ts_usnews/howthesenatebillwouldchangehealthcare

(So this story is bunk ?)

I somehow doubt that the 5% of the population that supposedly can not even get insurance for themselves are going to be able to support each other. Not to mention we have that " Buy our insurance or we'll fine you into the dirt" clause of the bill. (Does not leave much choice)

So Private companies are going to compete with the public one ? The public insurance that has the government behind it ? The government that can fine people and tax people into the ground ? How is anyone supposed to compete with something that can be as incompetent as it wishes and get an instant refill in cash when it's running low ? Sounds like the Private insurance agencies have no chance

How would the dem's plan decrease the deficit ? By cutting out the nice little innovations are current system comes up with ? Does the amount they cut exceed the amount the bill costs ?

and what the heck do you mean by "Quality affordable healthcare" in that first paragraph of yours ? You make it seem as if the pivate companies do not offer either of those things. If the privates did not have quality affordable healthcare they would all be gone by now....

But the thing that really disgusts me is the attitude that "Healthcare is a right"

Anyone that claims healthcare is a right obviouslu does'nt know what a right is
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate)   Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate) Empty

Back to top Go down

Universal Healthcare (And the current healthcare debate)
Page 1 of 1