L-Factor Reborn: The Rebirth of L-Factor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The somewhat rebirth of the L-Factor forums, without any prior permission to do so! (Ryojin was here)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
L-factor.net has returned! Please head there!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oh hai.
Final Fantasy VII Remake Emptyby Viper718 Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:14 am

» Ryojin's stuff
Final Fantasy VII Remake Emptyby Ryojin Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:34 am

» Help with Python
Final Fantasy VII Remake Emptyby theariesfantasy Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:27 am

» Hikkikomori Much?
Final Fantasy VII Remake Emptyby theariesfantasy Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:45 am

» manga deletion
Final Fantasy VII Remake Emptyby Ryojin Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:16 am

» Captain's Log
Final Fantasy VII Remake Emptyby Sabriel Orion Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:25 pm

» The maniac's complexities.
Final Fantasy VII Remake Emptyby Donnymaniac Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:18 pm

» Me, Myself and I
Final Fantasy VII Remake Emptyby Nudi_Alf Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:42 am

» Life's a bitch, but I love it
Final Fantasy VII Remake Emptyby Cromell Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:14 pm

» Naruto
Final Fantasy VII Remake Emptyby silentkiller Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:28 pm

Navigation
 Home
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Calendar
 Who's Online
Poll
What Do You Think of the New L-Factor Reborn?
Awesome! It Kicks Ass!
Final Fantasy VII Remake I_vote_lcap15%Final Fantasy VII Remake I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 6 ]
Great! Love it!
Final Fantasy VII Remake I_vote_lcap12%Final Fantasy VII Remake I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 5 ]
It's Pretty Good.
Final Fantasy VII Remake I_vote_lcap7%Final Fantasy VII Remake I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
A Fine Replacement for the Hole In My Heart After Losing the Old LF
Final Fantasy VII Remake I_vote_lcap41%Final Fantasy VII Remake I_vote_rcap
 41% [ 17 ]
It Could Be Better
Final Fantasy VII Remake I_vote_lcap12%Final Fantasy VII Remake I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 5 ]
Not That Good
Final Fantasy VII Remake I_vote_lcap0%Final Fantasy VII Remake I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
It's Bad
Final Fantasy VII Remake I_vote_lcap5%Final Fantasy VII Remake I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
I Hate It!
Final Fantasy VII Remake I_vote_lcap0%Final Fantasy VII Remake I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
YOU SUCK AT MAKING FORUMS!
Final Fantasy VII Remake I_vote_lcap7%Final Fantasy VII Remake I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 41
Affiliates
Reality Lapse (Anime)

Statistics
We have 83 registered users
The newest registered user is Jakemitch92

Our users have posted a total of 3984 messages in 336 subjects

Final Fantasy VII Remake

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Agriagropolis
Super Awesome Spam Killing SMod

ForumPoints : 10851

Final Fantasy VII Remake Empty
PostSubject: Final Fantasy VII Remake   Final Fantasy VII Remake EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 6:02 pm

Since I recently pissed myself off by viewing Wikipedia's FF13 page and inadvertently ruining half of the plot, I decided to check if Squeenix has finally decided on whether they're going to keep us guessing or have decided to come clean.

Wikipedia wrote:
Yoshinori Kitase, producer of Final Fantasy XIII, said at Games Convention "As for a VII remake, all I can advise right now is to play the PSN release that just came out for the time being. Maybe, perhaps we'll have some news for you at a later time. I'm actually working on multiple projects right now, I don't know exactly what new projects I'll be taking on after XIII, but I am working on Final Fantasy Agito XIII as well, so maybe I'll be able to focus a little bit more on that project once XIII is complete."

Nope, still beating about the bush. Or are they?

If it's tl;dr then basically: 'Play the FFVII PSN version, wait until we've done XIII then we'll see.'

So more waiting. Whoopee.

What're your thoughts on this? Should Square just make up their minds already? Do you actually want an FFVII remake? etcetc
Back to top Go down
Shadowed Luminous
Shadowed Luminous

ForumPoints : 10847
Job/hobbies : accidentally clicking buttons that I was nor aware of

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake   Final Fantasy VII Remake EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 6:05 pm

Agriagropolis wrote:
Since I recently pissed myself off by viewing Wikipedia's FF13 page and inadvertently ruining half of the plot, I decided to check if Squeenix has finally decided on whether they're going to keep us guessing or have decided to come clean.

Wikipedia wrote:
Yoshinori Kitase, producer of Final Fantasy XIII, said at Games Convention "As for a VII remake, all I can advise right now is to play the PSN release that just came out for the time being. Maybe, perhaps we'll have some news for you at a later time. I'm actually working on multiple projects right now, I don't know exactly what new projects I'll be taking on after XIII, but I am working on Final Fantasy Agito XIII as well, so maybe I'll be able to focus a little bit more on that project once XIII is complete."

Nope, still beating about the bush. Or are they?

If it's tl;dr then basically: 'Play the FFVII PSN version, wait until we've done XIII then we'll see.'

So more waiting. Whoopee.

What're your thoughts on this? Should Square just make up their minds already? Do you actually want an FFVII remake? etcetc

Yeah , a ff7 remake would be nice but I am not going to drive myself crazy waiting for it
Back to top Go down
Ryojin
Admin
Ryojin

ForumPoints : 11316
Job/hobbies : Game Development

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake   Final Fantasy VII Remake EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 6:56 pm

You know, if someone kept asking me if I was gonna redo something, I'd prolly tell them to ask later, even if I had no intention of doing it...
Back to top Go down
theariesfantasy
アルジュナ!~
theariesfantasy

ForumPoints : 10851
Job/hobbies : Gaming, reading, doing nothing, drawing... eating?

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake   Final Fantasy VII Remake EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 8:28 pm

If theres new content, say a way to keep Aeris alive, then i would buy it, hell, id donate money to help pay for costs if they did it. But other then that, i can see no reason for them to do it. if its exactly the same with a graphics upgrade, why would i pay for it, imo the graphics in FF7 are as good as they need to be, the world didnt need to have stuff happening in the background or whatever, which is why it was pretty much images. forking out money for something i already have with no major upgrade... noty.
Back to top Go down
Ryojin
Admin
Ryojin

ForumPoints : 11316
Job/hobbies : Game Development

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake   Final Fantasy VII Remake EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 9:02 pm

Keeping her alive wouldn't work out... There were a couple of major plot points there that required her to be dead... But I pretty much agree with you otherwise.

A remake would have to be a bit more than a remake... Some extra story in it, new towns, new materia, new limits, and of course updated graphics... But through all that they would have to have the original plot, areas, and items or it just wouldn't feel right.
Back to top Go down
Sir Auron
Sir Auron

ForumPoints : 10633

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake   Final Fantasy VII Remake EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 6:43 pm

I think the best thing they could do with a remake is flesh out Sephiroth more.

Because if you really think of it, you don't learn a whole lot about him in the original.
You learn that he's ex soldier, gone AWOL for a while, and thinks he's an ancient but is really a person injected with Jenova cells and thats really about it.

Even in more recent games you don't learn a whole lot about his past, what his life was like before he went crazy in the Shinra mansion and things like that.

Thats what I'd like to see in a remake.

And maybe flesh out Zach a little bit too...I mean, I know that was all covered in Crisis Core, but again, in the original game he was a pretty big plot point, but only used as a vehicle to explain why Cloud was the way he was, you didn't get to know much more about him beyond that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake   Final Fantasy VII Remake Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy VII Remake
Page 1 of 1