L-Factor Reborn: The Rebirth of L-Factor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The somewhat rebirth of the L-Factor forums, without any prior permission to do so! (Ryojin was here)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
L-factor.net has returned! Please head there!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oh hai.
Silent Hill Emptyby Viper718 Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:14 am

» Ryojin's stuff
Silent Hill Emptyby Ryojin Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:34 am

» Help with Python
Silent Hill Emptyby theariesfantasy Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:27 am

» Hikkikomori Much?
Silent Hill Emptyby theariesfantasy Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:45 am

» manga deletion
Silent Hill Emptyby Ryojin Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:16 am

» Captain's Log
Silent Hill Emptyby Sabriel Orion Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:25 pm

» The maniac's complexities.
Silent Hill Emptyby Donnymaniac Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:18 pm

» Me, Myself and I
Silent Hill Emptyby Nudi_Alf Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:42 am

» Life's a bitch, but I love it
Silent Hill Emptyby Cromell Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:14 pm

» Naruto
Silent Hill Emptyby silentkiller Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:28 pm

Navigation
 Home
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Calendar
 Who's Online
Poll
What Do You Think of the New L-Factor Reborn?
Awesome! It Kicks Ass!
Silent Hill I_vote_lcap15%Silent Hill I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 6 ]
Great! Love it!
Silent Hill I_vote_lcap12%Silent Hill I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 5 ]
It's Pretty Good.
Silent Hill I_vote_lcap7%Silent Hill I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
A Fine Replacement for the Hole In My Heart After Losing the Old LF
Silent Hill I_vote_lcap41%Silent Hill I_vote_rcap
 41% [ 17 ]
It Could Be Better
Silent Hill I_vote_lcap12%Silent Hill I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 5 ]
Not That Good
Silent Hill I_vote_lcap0%Silent Hill I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
It's Bad
Silent Hill I_vote_lcap5%Silent Hill I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
I Hate It!
Silent Hill I_vote_lcap0%Silent Hill I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
YOU SUCK AT MAKING FORUMS!
Silent Hill I_vote_lcap7%Silent Hill I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 41
Affiliates
Reality Lapse (Anime)

Statistics
We have 83 registered users
The newest registered user is Jakemitch92

Our users have posted a total of 3984 messages in 336 subjects

Silent Hill

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Black Joker
Black Joker

ForumPoints : 10596
Job/hobbies : Chess, Games of all kind...

Silent Hill Empty
PostSubject: Silent Hill   Silent Hill EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 4:02 pm

Oh yeah... let us discuss the famous horror/survival series which are said to be the most horrific games in the whole history (not quite truth nowadays though)... and I'm not talking about the controlling, graphics or characters (SH 1 had awful character acting)... I'm talking about the horror atmosphere, scary monsters (okay, I know this is stupid... some of the monsters are just plain stupid or funny) and the heartbreaking (well, it's not the right word though) story....

So, for those who do not know these games, they are (as stated above) horror/survival adventure games, where you have to collect items, solve puzzles and, what's the most important, survive....
In each game (not talking about the last one, Shattered Memories) there are multiple ways to survive... running away is one of the best options as you don't have enough life/bullets/weapons/skill to defeat those who are targeting your very existence....
Next way to "win" is to fight against your monster friends... but is it really good thing? What if they're not monsters? Doesn't it make you murderer then? Well, who cares....
As for next ways.... there aren't any.... you may find aliens and fly away with them.... but that's hard...
I forgot... you can also survive by dying (sounds awful, but it's more/less truth), because if you die then the game ends and even if there is the "GAME OVER" screen, you may say to yourself that you got the winning screen... but who would want to live a lie, no? So that's not the option....

So, do you like these series? Some gaming experience? Stuck? Let's hear it from you....
Back to top Go down
Ryojin
Admin
Ryojin

ForumPoints : 11286
Job/hobbies : Game Development

Silent Hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Silent Hill EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 6:42 pm

SH1-3 = Awesome, and the rest = poo.

Have you seen the movie Jacob's Ladder? I saw it recently, and it's quite obvious how the SH series was inspired by it.

Spoiler:

Ya know what, here's an example for those who haven't seen the movie:

Back to top Go down
Hinatalover17
Hinatalover17

ForumPoints : 10623
Job/hobbies : Pianist, Poet, Songwriter, and Guitarist among a few other things.
Location : Idaho, the state everyone forgets in their 4th grade U.S. States test.

Silent Hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Silent Hill EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 9:46 pm

Every single Silent Hill game I've played I've loved! I've played Origins, 1, 2, 3, 4 and Homecoming, and I can't say that I've been disappointed yet! In fact, I've got Shattered Memories on the shelf, waiting to be picked up and played by me as soon as my *coughcoughselfishcoughcough* stepdad plays it first! The music is great in all of the games, the story's are solid, pretty much everything is awesome in each game except for a few things in each game. Yeah, there are a couple little things sometimes that bug me, like:

Origins: Kinda laggy on the movement
1: Not that great of graphics compared to the others (then again, it's a PS1 game, so I forgive it! ^^)
2: Well...I don't think there is a downside to 2 I can think of at the moment
3: Running away from the red light is nigh impossible on Hard! I can't believe my stepdad managed to do it!
4:
Spoiler:
Homecoming: erm...again, can't think of anything bad about it at the moment.

But then there are the awesome points of each game too! Such as...

Origins: Being able to throw Portable TVs, toasters, alcohol bottles and more at monsters and using your bare hands to fight is just too cool!
1: Hey, it's the beginning of it all! It's what kicked the series off! We wouldn't have any of the other ones if it weren't for 1!
2: Amazing storyline and awesome music, plus the overall feel of it is great too! For me, it's a lot more cerebral and atmospheric than most of the other ones, which is good of course!
3: My personal favorite main character, Heather! She kicks ASS!!!
Spoiler:
On top of that, in my opinion it's got the coolest Nightmare Worlds in it too. I'd have to say this is my #1 favorite Silent Hill game of all that I've played!
4: My personal favorite soundtrack of all the Silent Hill games! Especially the song "Room of Angel" is beautiful! Also, some of the stuff in it is downright scary, and it's the only game that's really SCARED me, even for a short amount of time. THAT is impressive! Plus it's my favorite to play (NOTE, that doesn't mean it's my favorite game overall, but it's my favorite in terms of gameplay!)
Homecoming: This one might have my favorite endings out of all of them. The fighting style is way different from the others prior, which in my opinion is refreshing. I mean, you don't want the same system for EVERY SINGLE GAME, or at least I don't, I like it switched up a little every once in a while, be it in just some small ways or big ways. Also, it's my 2nd favorite storyline as well!

Can you tell I like the series a little, maybe?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hinatalover17
Sponsored content

Silent Hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Silent Hill Empty

Back to top Go down

Silent Hill
Page 1 of 1