L-Factor Reborn: The Rebirth of L-Factor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The somewhat rebirth of the L-Factor forums, without any prior permission to do so! (Ryojin was here)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
L-factor.net has returned! Please head there!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oh hai.
Darker then Black Emptyby Viper718 Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:14 am

» Ryojin's stuff
Darker then Black Emptyby Ryojin Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:34 am

» Help with Python
Darker then Black Emptyby theariesfantasy Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:27 am

» Hikkikomori Much?
Darker then Black Emptyby theariesfantasy Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:45 am

» manga deletion
Darker then Black Emptyby Ryojin Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:16 am

» Captain's Log
Darker then Black Emptyby Sabriel Orion Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:25 pm

» The maniac's complexities.
Darker then Black Emptyby Donnymaniac Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:18 pm

» Me, Myself and I
Darker then Black Emptyby Nudi_Alf Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:42 am

» Life's a bitch, but I love it
Darker then Black Emptyby Cromell Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:14 pm

» Naruto
Darker then Black Emptyby silentkiller Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:28 pm

Navigation
 Home
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Calendar
 Who's Online
Poll
What Do You Think of the New L-Factor Reborn?
Awesome! It Kicks Ass!
Darker then Black I_vote_lcap15%Darker then Black I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 6 ]
Great! Love it!
Darker then Black I_vote_lcap12%Darker then Black I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 5 ]
It's Pretty Good.
Darker then Black I_vote_lcap7%Darker then Black I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
A Fine Replacement for the Hole In My Heart After Losing the Old LF
Darker then Black I_vote_lcap41%Darker then Black I_vote_rcap
 41% [ 17 ]
It Could Be Better
Darker then Black I_vote_lcap12%Darker then Black I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 5 ]
Not That Good
Darker then Black I_vote_lcap0%Darker then Black I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
It's Bad
Darker then Black I_vote_lcap5%Darker then Black I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
I Hate It!
Darker then Black I_vote_lcap0%Darker then Black I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
YOU SUCK AT MAKING FORUMS!
Darker then Black I_vote_lcap7%Darker then Black I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 41
Affiliates
Reality Lapse (Anime)

Statistics
We have 83 registered users
The newest registered user is Jakemitch92

Our users have posted a total of 3984 messages in 336 subjects

Darker then Black

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
theariesfantasy
アルジュナ!~
theariesfantasy

ForumPoints : 10835
Job/hobbies : Gaming, reading, doing nothing, drawing... eating?

Darker then Black Empty
PostSubject: Darker then Black   Darker then Black EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 5:59 pm

Story: Ten years ago, an inscrutable and abnormal territory known as Hell's Gate appeared in Tokyo, altering the sky and wreaking havoc on the landscape. The heavenly bodies disappeared, replaced by false stars. During this time, people possessing various special abilities emerged, each capable of different supernatural feats - these are known as Contractors. Each fake star has a corresponding Contractor, which reacts to their activities. As such, Contractors are usually identified by their star's Messier catalogue number.

Kept secret from the masses, these individuals are known to murder in cold blood, smothering unnecessary emotions with logic and rationale. Their incredible abilities, however, are gained at the cost of their humanity - Contractors are thus named because of an involuntary compulsion to "pay the price" each time their power is used, which can range from eating particular foods and completing meaningless tasks, to self-harm and having their bodies change in peculiar ways. Various nations and organizations around the world train and utilize Contractors as spies and assassins, resulting in violent battles for valuable objects and information.

so i just started watching this, have to say its a pretty engaging story, but its so depressing.

The character development is fantastic, but this is a double edged sword, like the first episode for example there was that girl who was pretty cool, getting into trouble etc... then you find out shes a doll, then she gets her heart ripped out (literally)... i mean wtf. or a few episodes later, when that girl is goin berserk... and her friend comes up to help her and gets burnt alive for her trouble. Not that this is an entirely bad thing but as a guy that mostly watches Moe blobs and yuri i like the characters, and when theyre constantly being ripped out of the story through various gruesome incidents, it gets kind of depressing lol. This anime is very violent (people getting sliced up, heart ripped out etc.) but not in a Elfen Lied kind of way.

would deff reccomend this anime to others though.

/thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Cromell
Cromell

ForumPoints : 10439
Job/hobbies : Lots of them

Darker then Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darker then Black   Darker then Black EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 6:29 pm

First season - deff yes
Second season - deff not, but you won't die from watching if you're this much curious, so try it I dare ya.

I heard there are some special episodes to the second season tho, and (from what I've heard) amend the bad, bad 2nd season. They're called DTB Gaiden or sth like that, but I have yet to watch them.

DTB world is dark, brutal and takes no prisoners. It's a world of violence, there's no place for friggin kids. Characters actually die here, there's no pink fairy that will revive a cute girl. Powerful intelligence orgs stir around the Hell's Gate. And there's Syndicate, seeminly everyone's enemy. Everything is wrapped up nicely, there are no major gaps in the plot. It's simply wonderful

Graphics and music are top notch - dark colors, detailed backgrounds, dynamic animations and great soundtrack make watching DTB a pure entertainment.

Well, at least it's what the first season is IMO Wink
Back to top Go down
theariesfantasy
アルジュナ!~
theariesfantasy

ForumPoints : 10835
Job/hobbies : Gaming, reading, doing nothing, drawing... eating?

Darker then Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darker then Black   Darker then Black EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 5:34 pm

it definitely takes no prisoners, its nice how Li enjoy's the small mundane day to day things he ends up doing, and in subtle ways defies the syndicate.
Back to top Go down
Mersein
Mersein

ForumPoints : 10321
Job/hobbies : Spinning tales of fancy and delight for all the little djiin

Darker then Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darker then Black   Darker then Black EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 4:06 am

The OVA's of DTB Gaiden are set between the two series, gotta love wikipedia. =]
I havn't watched either series, is it darker than Elfen Lied or just different (if so, how?) and how does it compare to a series like Death Note or Gilgamesh?

<---- full of questions today clown
Back to top Go down
Cromell
Cromell

ForumPoints : 10439
Job/hobbies : Lots of them

Darker then Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darker then Black   Darker then Black EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 6:02 am

Umm... the series IS dark, the colors pretty much resemble Gilgamesh (but thethe graphics overall are better in DTB) Then, it does not use weird symbolism we can find in Gilgamesh, and it probably has more action in it. Also, it does not have this much suspense as Death Note. It's violent and bloody, but not in Elfen Lied-ish, riddiculous way. Hope you get the picture, but it would probably be best to watch it yourself Wink
Back to top Go down
Mersein
Mersein

ForumPoints : 10321
Job/hobbies : Spinning tales of fancy and delight for all the little djiin

Darker then Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darker then Black   Darker then Black EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 7:27 am

Just my plan Very Happy
Thanks for the info, sounds good.
Back to top Go down
KEN-OH
KEN-OH

ForumPoints : 10600

Darker then Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darker then Black   Darker then Black EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 6:35 am

for me the best season in darker than black was the first one I really liked it, and about the second one it was not bad but I prefer the first, and the ova wasn't really good I mean just four episodes?....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Darker then Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darker then Black   Darker then Black Empty

Back to top Go down

Darker then Black
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
L-Factor Reborn: The Rebirth of L-Factor :: General Media Discussion :: Anime Discussions-
Jump to: