L-Factor Reborn: The Rebirth of L-Factor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The somewhat rebirth of the L-Factor forums, without any prior permission to do so! (Ryojin was here)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
L-factor.net has returned! Please head there!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oh hai.
Does God punish for eternity  Emptyby Viper718 Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:14 am

» Ryojin's stuff
Does God punish for eternity  Emptyby Ryojin Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:34 am

» Help with Python
Does God punish for eternity  Emptyby theariesfantasy Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:27 am

» Hikkikomori Much?
Does God punish for eternity  Emptyby theariesfantasy Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:45 am

» manga deletion
Does God punish for eternity  Emptyby Ryojin Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:16 am

» Captain's Log
Does God punish for eternity  Emptyby Sabriel Orion Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:25 pm

» The maniac's complexities.
Does God punish for eternity  Emptyby Donnymaniac Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:18 pm

» Me, Myself and I
Does God punish for eternity  Emptyby Nudi_Alf Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:42 am

» Life's a bitch, but I love it
Does God punish for eternity  Emptyby Cromell Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:14 pm

» Naruto
Does God punish for eternity  Emptyby silentkiller Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:28 pm

Navigation
 Home
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Calendar
 Who's Online
Poll
What Do You Think of the New L-Factor Reborn?
Awesome! It Kicks Ass!
Does God punish for eternity  I_vote_lcap15%Does God punish for eternity  I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 6 ]
Great! Love it!
Does God punish for eternity  I_vote_lcap12%Does God punish for eternity  I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 5 ]
It's Pretty Good.
Does God punish for eternity  I_vote_lcap7%Does God punish for eternity  I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
A Fine Replacement for the Hole In My Heart After Losing the Old LF
Does God punish for eternity  I_vote_lcap41%Does God punish for eternity  I_vote_rcap
 41% [ 17 ]
It Could Be Better
Does God punish for eternity  I_vote_lcap12%Does God punish for eternity  I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 5 ]
Not That Good
Does God punish for eternity  I_vote_lcap0%Does God punish for eternity  I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
It's Bad
Does God punish for eternity  I_vote_lcap5%Does God punish for eternity  I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
I Hate It!
Does God punish for eternity  I_vote_lcap0%Does God punish for eternity  I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
YOU SUCK AT MAKING FORUMS!
Does God punish for eternity  I_vote_lcap7%Does God punish for eternity  I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 41
Affiliates
Reality Lapse (Anime)

Statistics
We have 83 registered users
The newest registered user is Jakemitch92

Our users have posted a total of 3984 messages in 336 subjects

Does God punish for eternity

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadowed Luminous
Shadowed Luminous

ForumPoints : 10841
Job/hobbies : accidentally clicking buttons that I was nor aware of

Does God punish for eternity  Empty
PostSubject: Does God punish for eternity    Does God punish for eternity  EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 6:20 pm

First things first, you've been warned about what this is (So hopefully no religous bashing)

Some religions beleive in a heaven(good people go here) and hell (Bad people go here) after they die for all eternity. From a logical perspective, is this right ? Should one never be able to live down their crime ?

Add as you see fit
Back to top Go down
Cromell
Cromell

ForumPoints : 10449
Job/hobbies : Lots of them

PostSubject: Re: Does God punish for eternity    Does God punish for eternity  EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 9:06 pm

That's pretty hard question. As a Catholic myself I do believe in the conception of Heaven and Hell. If we consider them in cathegories of reward and punishment, we need to remember that it's the kind of judgement based on one's entire life; also, our human understanding of justice is probably different from the God's point of view. Heck, for a being believed to be omnipotent, it would be strange if it wasn't different. We are just humans so we make mistakes all the time, who are we to judge?

Now, from a logical perspective, as you called it, the whole "faith" stuff is irrational and lacking much sense Why believe in something you can't see? You can't touch? You can't comprehend with your own, physical senses? Even better - why believe that such a thing is, 'almighty'?. People have their various reasons. Whether it is because we want to feel somehow controlled, that our small lives depend on something bigger, stronger, something we can cry out to in the times of despair, or simply it is because we humans like the idea that everyone gets what they deserve - it is of no consequence. But, if we are to believe, to believe in God, I guess having faith in His absolute justice is, kinda, included. I personally don't mind that, even if what I deserve for would turn out (hopefully not Razz ) to be a dark, hot pit in hell. Shit happens all the time, so why cry over it?

Ofcourse, there are people that feel quite the opposite, and the idea that they don't have full control over their live sickens them. Well, can't blame them. We were given a free will, so we can think and do whatever we want. Theoretically.

Whether you believe in Heaven or Hell is up to you. Some people say that in the end, you receive what you believed in. Who knows, maybe they are right?

PS. Sorry if my post is a bit chaotic or senseless. It'2 2 am right now, as I write those words and it wasn't the nicest Saturday of the year I had yesterday, so my mind may be a bit... confused.
Back to top Go down
theariesfantasy
アルジュナ!~
theariesfantasy

ForumPoints : 10845
Job/hobbies : Gaming, reading, doing nothing, drawing... eating?

PostSubject: Re: Does God punish for eternity    Does God punish for eternity  EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 7:35 pm

for all eternity? i dont really think so, it'd make more sense if you were punished until you atoned for your sins, however long that will take.
Back to top Go down
Logan
Admin
Logan

ForumPoints : 10214

PostSubject: Re: Does God punish for eternity    Does God punish for eternity  EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 7:35 pm

If you were to go literally that anything against God and his words was sinful, and he punished for all eternity, there'd be very few people in Heaven. To the point, I'd say, that no one would be there for it to exist. Repenting or atoning for a sin is often a sign that you want to change your ways and somewhat make up for them. This is usually where I'd think that God (or whatever Supreme Being you want to believe in) gives his forgivess.

So, even in that, he doesn't punish for eternity. There is an opportunity to correct one's wrongs. It doesn't necessarily make things right, but it's the will and desire to change for the good that is relied upon by the higher powers that be.

However, repenting and then going against it, or repenting without the intention to change (i.e. it's false/fake, like having your fingers crossed behind your back as you ask forgiveness), would probably put you in the dog house as far as they'd be concerned, and I doubt they'd be too happy with you to offer forgiveness again, at least without first proving yourself before you get it.

That, to me, appears to the most logical way of forgiving. I'm the kind who is willing to forgive and forget a first mistake, providing the person is willing to act upon it. If they were to go behind my back after that, I'd probably dislike them a lot to not offer it again without the proof of change.

I don't think that anyone or anybeing with the kind of power that God is said to have, really wants to punish everyone for mistakes. I'm pretty sure some of the things He/They did were mistakes too.

That's my thoughts anyway. It's a much happier thought to have, knowing that a mistake can be made and not affect your outcome too much. Of course, if you were to commit sins on the basis that God will forgive you, I hardly doubt it'd work. I'm very sure He knows who has made mistakes, and who did things intentionally.
Back to top Go down
Ryojin
Admin
Ryojin

ForumPoints : 11310
Job/hobbies : Game Development

PostSubject: Re: Does God punish for eternity    Does God punish for eternity  EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 9:58 pm

But how would 'Hell' help in making people truly repent? They would try to be forgiven to get out of Hell, not because they are truly sorry for their sins. The longer it takes, the more likely this scenario is to take place.
Back to top Go down
Logan
Admin
Logan

ForumPoints : 10214

PostSubject: Re: Does God punish for eternity    Does God punish for eternity  EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 3:29 pm

Exactly one of the issues I find with it. It almost sseems too easy to just commit and repent. But that's why I'd hope that God would be able to see through this and know whether the action was intended or a mistake.

Like, if you intend to kill some, it's murder. If not, but you do anyway, it's manslaughter. One is a little more forgivable than the other, though in reality, both are still crimes/sins. Sometimes, however, if the death you caused was a pure accident, caused as an honest mistake (and not out of complete neglect and had no duty of care to that person to ensure their health - there's a bit more to it, but that's a good idea), then even the courts are likely to reduce the sentence, on the basis that it's not really necessary to punish someone fully for a mistake they made and have all intentions to repent for it (i.e. make up for it).

Similar context I would think with God's judgment on whether you commited murder (or any other sin) or not, on the grounds of intentions and such.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does God punish for eternity    Does God punish for eternity  Empty

Back to top Go down

Does God punish for eternity
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
L-Factor Reborn: The Rebirth of L-Factor :: General Chat :: Debate Room-
Jump to: