L-Factor Reborn: The Rebirth of L-Factor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The somewhat rebirth of the L-Factor forums, without any prior permission to do so! (Ryojin was here)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
L-factor.net has returned! Please head there!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oh hai.
Gaming and the possibility of racial slurs Emptyby Viper718 Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:14 am

» Ryojin's stuff
Gaming and the possibility of racial slurs Emptyby Ryojin Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:34 am

» Help with Python
Gaming and the possibility of racial slurs Emptyby theariesfantasy Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:27 am

» Hikkikomori Much?
Gaming and the possibility of racial slurs Emptyby theariesfantasy Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:45 am

» manga deletion
Gaming and the possibility of racial slurs Emptyby Ryojin Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:16 am

» Captain's Log
Gaming and the possibility of racial slurs Emptyby Sabriel Orion Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:25 pm

» The maniac's complexities.
Gaming and the possibility of racial slurs Emptyby Donnymaniac Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:18 pm

» Me, Myself and I
Gaming and the possibility of racial slurs Emptyby Nudi_Alf Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:42 am

» Life's a bitch, but I love it
Gaming and the possibility of racial slurs Emptyby Cromell Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:14 pm

» Naruto
Gaming and the possibility of racial slurs Emptyby silentkiller Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:28 pm

Navigation
 Home
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Calendar
 Who's Online
Poll
What Do You Think of the New L-Factor Reborn?
Awesome! It Kicks Ass!
Gaming and the possibility of racial slurs I_vote_lcap15%Gaming and the possibility of racial slurs I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 6 ]
Great! Love it!
Gaming and the possibility of racial slurs I_vote_lcap12%Gaming and the possibility of racial slurs I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 5 ]
It's Pretty Good.
Gaming and the possibility of racial slurs I_vote_lcap7%Gaming and the possibility of racial slurs I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
A Fine Replacement for the Hole In My Heart After Losing the Old LF
Gaming and the possibility of racial slurs I_vote_lcap41%Gaming and the possibility of racial slurs I_vote_rcap
 41% [ 17 ]
It Could Be Better
Gaming and the possibility of racial slurs I_vote_lcap12%Gaming and the possibility of racial slurs I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 5 ]
Not That Good
Gaming and the possibility of racial slurs I_vote_lcap0%Gaming and the possibility of racial slurs I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
It's Bad
Gaming and the possibility of racial slurs I_vote_lcap5%Gaming and the possibility of racial slurs I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
I Hate It!
Gaming and the possibility of racial slurs I_vote_lcap0%Gaming and the possibility of racial slurs I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
YOU SUCK AT MAKING FORUMS!
Gaming and the possibility of racial slurs I_vote_lcap7%Gaming and the possibility of racial slurs I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 41
Affiliates
Reality Lapse (Anime)

Statistics
We have 83 registered users
The newest registered user is Jakemitch92

Our users have posted a total of 3984 messages in 336 subjects

Gaming and the possibility of racial slurs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadowed Luminous
Shadowed Luminous

ForumPoints : 10851
Job/hobbies : accidentally clicking buttons that I was nor aware of

Gaming and the possibility of racial slurs Empty
PostSubject: Gaming and the possibility of racial slurs   Gaming and the possibility of racial slurs EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 6:47 pm

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/racism-and-homophobia-in-gaming-hate-speech-corrodes-online-video-game-experiences/1396765

Apparently in the world of gaming , various players decide to drop some "Hate speech" on various races and decide to to call people various names involving homosexuality. To cut down on such language some want for players to use their real names online. (Take out the possibility of being annonymous and all that)

Is this a good idea ? Do you have a better way to cut down this language ? Should gaming companies even be trying to make sure some 13 year old does'nt drop the N word ?

Add as you see fit Boom
Back to top Go down
Ryojin
Admin
Ryojin

ForumPoints : 11320
Job/hobbies : Game Development

PostSubject: Re: Gaming and the possibility of racial slurs   Gaming and the possibility of racial slurs EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 8:14 pm

This is the second time I have seen this topic pop up... Let me say here what I said there:

Trash talk is going to be in games, no matter what you do to prevent it. If you can't handle it, then just hit the fucking mute button.

As for making us use our real names... That's a privacy issue. I don't want random people I game with to be able to find me by searching up my name.

The gaming companies should not be trying to stop little kids from swearing, that's the parent's job. And really, the place that most of this talk takes place is in M rated games, which means that the kiddies shouldn't even be playing it in the first place. If it's the adults who can't handle the trash talk, they should be mature enough to know to hit mute, or simply stop playing in that particular server.
Back to top Go down
theariesfantasy
アルジュナ!~
theariesfantasy

ForumPoints : 10855
Job/hobbies : Gaming, reading, doing nothing, drawing... eating?

PostSubject: Re: Gaming and the possibility of racial slurs   Gaming and the possibility of racial slurs EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 6:40 am

well as a non anglo guy who falls under both the black/asian races, ive come across a fair bit, like how lots of wow players started getting super racist dropping the N bomb every sentence and saying Jew this and Jew that, mostly im not offended(as im not a Jew? lol.)i personally see racism as ignorance/stupidity, but sometimes on an off day it just gets plain irritating and i actually feel a tad offended.

the fact that admins do next to nothing to prevent this ingame, and in some cases participate in the immaturity is just saddening to see. filters are the first step, obviously people will get around these... not like its hard, but at least its there, but this isnt enough, admins should take racism claims seriously, a ban ticket with a screenshot attached as proof should be an insta 1 week ban or something.

in regards to using ur real name... no thanks, im proud of my irl name, and i would bet anyone $10000 dollars they couldnt guess it, but i have no desire to put it out there, using real names would just make those of us with unique/different names targets for immaturity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaming and the possibility of racial slurs   Gaming and the possibility of racial slurs Empty

Back to top Go down

Gaming and the possibility of racial slurs
Page 1 of 1