L-Factor Reborn: The Rebirth of L-Factor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The somewhat rebirth of the L-Factor forums, without any prior permission to do so! (Ryojin was here)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
L-factor.net has returned! Please head there!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oh hai.
The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 Emptyby Viper718 Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:14 am

» Ryojin's stuff
The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 Emptyby Ryojin Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:34 am

» Help with Python
The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 Emptyby theariesfantasy Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:27 am

» Hikkikomori Much?
The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 Emptyby theariesfantasy Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:45 am

» manga deletion
The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 Emptyby Ryojin Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:16 am

» Captain's Log
The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 Emptyby Sabriel Orion Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:25 pm

» The maniac's complexities.
The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 Emptyby Donnymaniac Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:18 pm

» Me, Myself and I
The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 Emptyby Nudi_Alf Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:42 am

» Life's a bitch, but I love it
The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 Emptyby Cromell Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:14 pm

» Naruto
The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 Emptyby silentkiller Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:28 pm

Navigation
 Home
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Calendar
 Who's Online
Poll
What Do You Think of the New L-Factor Reborn?
Awesome! It Kicks Ass!
The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap15%The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 6 ]
Great! Love it!
The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap12%The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 5 ]
It's Pretty Good.
The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
A Fine Replacement for the Hole In My Heart After Losing the Old LF
The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap41%The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 41% [ 17 ]
It Could Be Better
The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap12%The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 5 ]
Not That Good
The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
It's Bad
The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap5%The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
I Hate It!
The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
YOU SUCK AT MAKING FORUMS!
The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 41
Affiliates
Reality Lapse (Anime)

Statistics
We have 83 registered users
The newest registered user is Jakemitch92

Our users have posted a total of 3984 messages in 336 subjects

The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)

Go down 
+2
We_Kings
Sabriel Orion
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Sabriel Orion
Admin
Sabriel Orion

ForumPoints : 10777
Job/hobbies : Part time cashier

The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 1:37 am

Rienna jumped to her feet when the man on the horse appeared. He just stood there, staring at her like she was the most beautiful thing she's ever seen. She held her sword in a guard position, having drawn it as she rose. She studied the man, who had no weapons drawn, and slowly lowered hers. The man was bigger than her, and just sat on his horse, staring.

Rienna waited for him to speak, but he just stared. Finally, exasperated, she spoke. "Are you going to stare at me all night, or introduce yourself?" she asked, putting a fist on one hip in an unmistakable attitude.

As Rienna waited, a noise caught her attention, coming from another direction. Her eyes widened as a man came from the forest into the clearing, a wave of... something Rienna couldn't name coming off of him. The Fragment sparked and blazed in response to the dark feeling coming from the man as he fell to the ground an was silent.

Rienna tentatively went to the man and knelt next to him. She reached out to touch him, sword at the ready in case this was a ruse, and was repulsed by the darkness that she felt. The Fragment blazed even brighter, and for a second she heard Urisen's voice, telling her what to do.

Rienna gently rolled the man onto his back and looked towards the other man, who at least seemed to have broken from the trance he was in. She directed him to take the man to the fire, and followed as he did so. Once the unconscious man was situated, she turned to the newcomer. "I don't know you, but something tells me I can trust you," she said, frowning. "Please watch over us, because I'm going to have to save this guy." He nodded, and she got to work.

Rienna settled herself next to the unconscious man and took his hand. She let herself drift into a trance, and she drifted from her body. She felt a warm hand take her mental one, and it led her into the man in front of them. "Talaenar is within this man, little one," Urisen's rich golden voice said. "He has locked the man into a prison of madness with his own mind, and with misuse of magic. I will find Talaenar and try to help him. You go find the boy."

Rienna nodded, and drifted through the boy's mind, a glowing figure of light.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rpgbeyond.com/forums/index.php
We_Kings
We_Kings

ForumPoints : 10748
Job/hobbies : US ARMY INFANTRY/Outdoorsy stuff

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 11:41 am

Reiss felt like he had drifted for Ages. Pain and suffering became welcome and the turmoil accustomed to. Darkness was home now and Reiss let himself fall into the madness. He smiled at chaos, calamity was his friend. He laughed in the presence of misery.

Reiss felt a sudden new presence. One different from the rest. It was like Pandora's box. A little ray of hope entered into the embiatic flow of energies around his very spirit. It was feignt, but existed nonetheless. The he felt something hard. The floating feeling was gone. the tainted darkness still lingered. He opened his eyes and he could see lands far around him. He recognised the Blight, Dark plains ahead of him, and the Darkwood far beyond. He was atop the tower of Talaenar.

The world trembled underneathe him but he had no fear. The woods wilted and died, people screaming, lands breaking and tearing apart. Waters overflowing the dry up alltogether. Plague, famine, war, and death and entered this world. Reiss heard cries, those of pain, of sorrow. And laughter, but not of joy, of madness. Then he realised it was him making these sounds. Everything in this world was gone. He was alone.

Talaenar's voice played through his head, but spoke through him as well.

This is The End. Not of this Age but of fate, and life itself. Look around and see what we can bring to the world!

No, this is not how we are to do it. We are too cleanse the land and bring darkness so that light may shine through and bring peace upon all.

PHAW! no one deserves the glory we can give them. The bounty of the gods is no longer theirs. We will take it back for us. Just us Chosen. Life, death, the gods. All of it will be ours.

Reiss began to laugh, then cry, the tremble and laugh again. He shot arrows of darkness from his fingertips into the sky, the ground. Gates opened and closed rendering the land to bits leaving holes that had no bottom. Little did he know this wasnt the world, but his own mind.

Talaenar seemed distracted and disappeared from Reiss' head. But the power was still there and Reiss continued to wreak havoc on the land, or his own spirit if he knew any better. And thats when he saw it.

A glimmer at first. It grew brighter and brighter. Reiss stopped waht he was doing. fascinated by this light. The world fell silent as if nothing was there. It was only Reiss, the tower, and this light. Fast like an arrow from a finely tuned bow. It came at him, closer and closer. Then with a blinding flash it erupted in front of him knocking him back. He felt nothing beneathe him. That same falling feeling. Back into the darkness he went, but the light was still there.

And it began to take form....
Back to top Go down
Raven
Raven

ForumPoints : 10597
Job/hobbies : Part-time Caregiver, Full-time Assassin

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 1:40 am

The sound of rushing water reached Tuuli’s ears. Wind tugged playfully at her hair and clothing as she moved swiftly with it, an ability granted by Shaeji. A husky chuckle wrapped itself around her with the whistling air, “Do not pause when you reach the river, princess. You will easily skim its surface with the wind’s present pace.”

Confusion showed on the woman’s face and she asked hesitantly, “Skim it? You mean jump it, right?” Another chuckle was his answer, along with her sudden gasp as the river abruptly came into view and rushed toward her. Her heart stuttered as she tried to jump, but her feet only pounded faster across the forest floor. Raising her arms over her face protectively, a shrill squeak stuck in the back of her throat as her bare feet met cold water—and then soil again. Blinking, Tuuli uncovered her face and stared in shock. Where did the river go? Turning her head, she saw the river quickly disappearing behind her.

“Pay attention.”

Shaeji’s warning whipped her head back forward, just in time to veer out of the way of an on-coming tree. Tuuli groaned and a gentle breeze brushed over her face, making her smile at the God of Wind’s reassurance. So, all this time I thought the wind was my invisible when I was a little girl, it was you all along. The princess’s thoughts soon dispersed as the forest grew darker the deeper she traveled. Unlike normal travelers, she had no need for a mount to transport her to her destination. The wind itself was her transport, and it traveled ten times faster than any living thing. She quickly came to a rise in the ground, the mound higher than she was tall. Coming to an abrupt halt before it, rich earth curling over her ankles and digging furrows in her hasty stop, she climbed up the steep incline and peeked over to get a better look around.

“Are you sure you know where we’re going?”

“Are you questioning a God?”

Tuuli rolled her eyes and smiled playfully, “Right. How far do we have to go from here?”

A current of air lifted her hair from her shoulders and made the sticks and leaves littering the mound dance. He said in its wake, “Not far, princess. We shall wait a moment before continuing, however.”
Back to top Go down
Sabriel Orion
Admin
Sabriel Orion

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 8:23 pm

The first thing Rienna noticed was a landscape taking form. She made out the Tower of Talaenar, and other various landscapes resembling the Illomia. She knew it was just a design made for his mind to cope with, and twisted it slightly to suit her, allowing her to get closer to the Tower faster. She spotted the unconscious man's mental image on top, and watched in surprise as he began destroying his own mental landscape. She sped up her run, and launched her mental self at the man. He had stopped shooting whatever it was at his mental landscape and was watching her approach.

Rienna didn't slow as she got closer to the man. She kept going, and ran into him with an explosion of light, knocking them both down into darkness. She stayed with him though, and reached for his hand. She hated the feeling this place had, of falling in absolute darkness. She grabbed his hand, and held on as they fell. She studied his eyes, and saw a madness reflected in them. "Come," she said finally, "let's leave this place. You've been in the darkness of Talaenar's madness too long."
Back to top Go down
We_Kings
We_Kings

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 8:59 pm

There was a voice. It was that of a woman. It was smooth and had a regal touch to it.

"Come," she said, "let's leave this place. You've been in the darkness of Talaenar's madness too long."

"Madness?.... Talaenar?" Reiss replied. "Who are you? Where are we? I don't..."

In midsentence Reiss was blinded with light and images. Images of his home, his parents, brother, of the Crystal in the cave, of everything. All the people he had killed over the last few days. Though they were ugly in spirit, who was he to judge them?

He screamed. Screamed a bloodcurdling cry that would have made demons wince. He screamed, and he cried. All the pain was back. It was no longer welcomed, but it was agonizing. The taint was stronger than ever before. It rattled his body and his mind. His spirit was on the edge of breaking. To be lost forever.

Then from the light that was falling through this darkness with him. That ray of hope as if in Pandora's Box itself came a hand. A female's hand. Reaching out to him, those same pure words repeating, "Come. Come. Come. COME!"

With what felt like the last bit of strength left in the very soul of Reiss he reached out. It was like lifting a mountain. He strained, harder and harder. Through the taint, the pain and turmoil. Images flashing and disappearing. His home, gone. His parents, gone. Brother, gone. The Darkwood, gone.....

Everything seemed to happen all at once after that. His hand touched hers, the light spread around him. A soothing feeling following. The pain left his body. Then he was gone. The taint was gone. Talaenar was still there, along with the power of the god. But a new sense was with the god as well. It felt almost as if he too had undergone some treachorous ordeal.

Reiss' eyes fluttered open a little. He was back in the world again. There was a woman standing over him and a man nearby. A fire was goin along next to him and he was in the woods. He remembered leaving home, where was that? And he remembered the arrow that pierced his heart, when did that happen? He didnt remember anything after that though, and a lot before that was gone too. Just empty holes that seemed to have no bottom.... He heard the woman say something, but couldnt hear it at the same time. And with that, he fell asleep. Sleep with no terrors, sleep with peace.

Sleep my Chosen. Sleep and without fear. We are alive, barely, but alive. Talaenar whispered to Reiss just as he passed into a deep deep sleep.
Back to top Go down
Einnar
Einnar

ForumPoints : 10594
Job/hobbies : Programming

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 9:16 pm

Deep and resonating, Aes' voice spoke to Einnar. He spoke of the lands of Kalome, it's history, of ages long past. From the first upward thrust of rock forming the mighty mountains of the country, to the winding river that ran from their peaks. Soon he passed on, talking of the birth of the great Ishidan forest, the separation of the Sheyal Islands, and the first eruptions of the volcanoes to the north. As he spoke, the words formed images of these places, the changes taking shape before his mind's eye. The images shifted now, as humans appeared, corruption spread through the land, an evil taint taking hold. Images of violence and fury took shape next, as the land was torn apart by a great war. The violence ended and peace settled over the land, but in places the evil taint could still be seen.

"For this is the purpose I require of my loyal avatar. My previous attempts to purge the taint taking hold with sheer force nearly tore this world asunder. The innocent and guilty alike were punished for the crimes of the few. A new strategy became necessary. This time I will be more precise. This time I will not fail. And you shall be the blade with which I cut out the disease of this land."

"I exist to protect, not to destroy."

"You protect by the blade, you exist to destroy those who would harm your charge. I have charged you with the protection of the earth; the land, and the creatures that inhabit it."

"Yes, my lord."

"Events have been set in motion which threaten to spread the taint, and the time for action has come. You will begin by traveling to Ishida. Now rise my avatar."

Breaking his meditation, Einnar once more became aware of his surroundings. Encased within a mound of dirt and rock, he was completely restrained. Pressing his will against the earth that entombed him, the mound cracked then blew open on one side. Stepping out under the moonlight, Einnar drew in a long deep breath. His clothing and armour were now coloured in brown and green hues, making him appear as if forged of the earth from which he now emerged. His feet were bare, and almost seemed to sink into the ground like the roots of a tree. The crystal no longer hung by the chain around his neck, but was hidden away deep in his core. As is with one who is blind to suddenly see, he was intimately more aware of the land around him to the point of being overwhelmed. He could feel the life flowing through the trees, and pulse of the earth under his feet. As he explored his new found senses, he became aware of the two beings who now watched him from behind.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 3:54 am

Tuuli gasped at the sudden eruption of dirt and debris a few feet from her position. Rolling away instinctively, she scrambled to her feet and swung her bow from her shoulders to her hands. With a firm steady grip on its smooth arch, her other hand pulling taught an arrow in its notched position, the Chosen of The Wind sighted down the length of her arrow and said, "Friend or foe?" A gentle breeze swept her brown hair off her shoulders, the same draft of air playing over the earth lingering on the stranger's armour and clothing. White eyes narrow in concentration.
Back to top Go down
chukles38
God of Banners
chukles38

ForumPoints : 10605

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 8:29 pm

Rand rode quietly down the road. Kasei had, gratefully, ceased her laughing some time ago, though Rand sensed a feeling of smug contentment coming from her.

For some reason as yet unknown to Rand, Kasei had instructed him to continue on towards Ishida instead of returning back to the temple. She refused to reveal more than simply to say, Keep going south.

Rand didn't mind so much, he supposed, but he was starting to get annoyed. He did not like being left out of the loop.

And so the two continued on silently as they passed through the City of Ishida and further south. The road was empty. Few were traveling this direction this time of year, but that suited Rand wonderfully.

Since Rand's..... incident by the river, he had ridden fast through the day, stopping to rest for a few hours, then through most of the second day. Night was now beginning to fall again when Kasei's sweet voice drifted into his head. Pull off into that clearing, beloved. Rand did so wordlessly.

As he dismounted and got settled, he watched the twilight rays come down through the canopy above. It was actually a lovely site, and he sat on a fallen log for a moment to take it in. At length, he asked what he had wanted to for almost two days now. Kasei, my dearest, what is this about?

Kasei took a moment to reply. Several days ago, a certain stone was stolen from the temple of Urisen. Rand interrupted her.

HER stone?

Yes. now, be patient while mommy is talking.

Mommy?

... well, some men get into older...

Kasei, please. Rand sighed. The point?

Party pooper. Very well then. Urisen has sent someone to retrieve her stone.

Well, that's good.

No.... it very well isn't.

Why not?

Because.... well..... because..... that prissy little..... little..... prude doesn't deserve a stone. Always thinking she's so much better than the rest of us. She.... well.... she..... she..... well, her chosen is not capable of handling the stone. The evidence is that it was stolen.

Kasei..... are you jealous of Urisen?

I DO NOT GET JEALOUS! her voice roared in his head. Rand merely chuckled.

Of course my love. So.....

Kasei took a moment to compose herself. If her chosen retrieves the stone, then that will mean that I would not have it. I plan to get it first. However... I don't know where it is.

That is problematic.

Yes. So, you shall do the most logical thing. Kidnap the chosen.

Just like that?

Now is the ideal time. She is camped near here.

Rand nodded. Then it shall be done, mi'lady. All you must do is tell me where to go. Kasei did so. Rand remounted and rode further down the road. When Kasei had told him he was close, Rand pulled into a small clearing. He dismounted, tied his horse to a tree, and began making a small fire.

What are you doing, love?

Trust me, Kasei. I know how to do this. With that, he let the fire burn for a moment as he watched to be sure it survived. When it burned to his satisfaction, he crept through the woods on silent feet, watching carefully to be sure that he was not seen. At this point the sun had set and darkness was all that existed in the forest. It was not long with Kasei's help that a small campfire was visible through the trees. Silently, he crept forward. He paused at the edge of the small clearing. He saw three figures in the dim light provided by the dying flames. Twi were rather small, while the other was... rather massive. His eyes rested on the large man for a moment.

Pease tell me it's not him.

No, deary, the girl. To the right. Rand nodded and moved silently out of the treeline. He waited a moment to see if any of them stirred before moving forward and kneeling down next to the girl Kasei had pointed out.

The first thing he noticed was that she was in a deep sleep. The second was that she was extremely beautiful. Gently, he brushed a strand of hair away from her face, his fingertips barely touching her skin.

Focus, my Firebrand.

Kasei, I am a man, and there are certain things you cannot, regrettably, give me.

Rand. her voice was cold and steely. You have a job to do. Do it. Rand laughed internally, content with the jealousy he had inspired.

He looked over the girl one last time before carefully and quietly scooping her up in his arms. This had been too easy. He didn't like easy. He felt the girl's body pressing against his, and it became very hard to focus. He realized it'd been a while since...

No. Focus. Fooocus. Rand stood slowly, trying to remain silent. the big man stirred, and Rand's heart froze in his chest. However, he still seemed asleep. Sighing, Rand moved up next to the fire. He stared into the dancing flames, watching as they mesmerized and tantalized, feeling their rhythm in his soul. when he felt he was ready, he shifted the girl in his arms. It was tricky, but he managed to get one arm free while still supporting her weight.

Rand began to gesture rather intricately with his left hand. As he finished the gestures, he said in a quiet voice, "Firnos Ek'talle Hindfen" The words sounded odd, powerful, and before anyone could do or say anything more, Rand stepped into the fire and he and the girl disappeared into a pillar of flames.
Back to top Go down
Mithos Yggdrasill
Mithos Yggdrasill

ForumPoints : 10658

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 10:08 pm

Ikarushi slowly awoke from his sleep, looking around at his surroundings to remember where he was at. He then remembered that he was watching over that girl, the one he had seen earlier; however, she was nowhere to be seen, and no sign of her remained. Puzzled, Ikarushi got to his feet and looked as he tried to find the girl. "Where could she have gone?" Ikarushi asked.

"I know naught," Sharaes said, sounding a bit confused as well. "Perhaps she has left? You were asleep for a while, so perhaps she chose not to wake you and quietly left." However, Sharaes began to feel slightly uneasy about something; if the girl truly indeed leave, then why was there no sign of her left? And why was the fire out as well? If she did leave, she would have surely left it be for Ikarushi, and he would've put it out when he was ready to leave.

"Sharaes?" Ikarushi asked. "Is something the matter? You seem to be rather silent."

"It is nothing, Ikarushi," Sharaes replied. "I was merely thinking of something, that is all."

"I see...." Ikarushi tried to figure out what Sharaes might have been thinking, but he pushed the thought aside as he grabbed his ax and walked to his horse, mounting it as he held his ax in his right hand. Perhaps he would meet her again as he ventured towards Ishida, but he would not get his hopes up too much. Looking at the now put out camp fire one last time, he snapped the reins and his horse was off, taking him to Ishida. However, he soon remembered that the girl's belongings were still back at the camp area; he couldn't just leave it all there.

Slowing his mount as he turned around and went back, he would take the girl's belongings and hold on to them until he would meet her again. As he arrived at the area, he grabbed the girl's pack and saddled it on her horse, so he wouldn't have to carry everything on one mount. Taking the girl's horse by its reins, he flicked his own horse's reins to get it to move, making its way to Ishida; he was nearing the end of his journey, and there would be nothing to stop him from getting to his destination.

Last edited by Mithos Yggdrasill on Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
chukles38
God of Banners
chukles38

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 10:51 pm

Traveling through fire was a rather... odd experience if you were not used to it. It was quick, practically instantaneous, but there was a sensation of your skin catching on fire and burning, as well as the overwhelming smell of smoke assaulting your lungs. It passes in an instant, but that instant... well, Rand was just lucky he was used to it. He was worried, however, that the unconscious state of the girl would not be enough to protect her.

As he appeared in the fire he had made earlier, a wave of exhaustion shot over him. Instantly, he hit his knees. The girl went flying from his arms, hitting the ground and rolling... hard. Rand couldn't really pay attention now though. He was on his hands and knees, shaking. He would be fine in a moment, but he had forgotten how much transporting two people required of him.

Oh dear. That was potentially foolish. Rand inhaled slowly, calming himself. His limbs would regain strength soon, but he would need a good rest when he next could to fully recover. Hopefully the girl wouldn't wake up. He didn't much care for a fight just now.

Rand didn't respond to Kasei. Instead, he calmed himself as best he could. His limbs were already starting to relax, and he could feel the tingling of the transportation wearing off. After a moment, he looked up to see what had befallen the girl.
Back to top Go down
Sabriel Orion
Admin
Sabriel Orion

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 3:06 am

Rienna woke up suddenly, gasping for air. She couldn't catch her breath. She curled into a ball, and realized her whole body was aching. She could tell she was bruised in several places, but had no idea why. Finally she managed to regain her breath after a minute, and opened her eyes to new surroundings and an unfamiliar man by a campfire.

Rienna gasped and sat up straight, reaching for her sword. As she came to a stop sitting up, she had to put her head in her hands. She was overcome with a wave of dizziness, most likely from the spell that Urisen had led her through to help the man from before. She was helpless to protect herself from this man, with her magic tapped out.
Back to top Go down
chukles38
God of Banners
chukles38

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 8:43 am

Rand looked around until he found her. She was beginning to sit up. Great. Just what I need. He thought bitterly.

Well, if you hadn't dropped her.... Kasei responded smugly. Rand got the distinct impression that she was pleased the girl was more likely than not in some form or fashion of pain. However, Rand was in no mood to deal with her with his current aches and pains.

Shut up. He said. Obviously, Kasei did not appreciate it, and all Rand heard was an annoyed harrumph and a general feeling of irritation from her. Oh well. She'd get over it.

Carefully, Rand stood. His head spun slightly, and for a moment he thought that his legs were about to give out. He moved over to his horse, Firebrand, who was still tethered where he had left him, and took a long drink of water from his canteen. It did wonders for him, though he knew he'd need some food and sleep in the near future.

He brought the canteen over to the girl. He offered her some as he crouched down in front of her. His mind was racing, trying to decide the best way to transport her, and he sincerely hoped she would not prove to be a handful.

"You okay?" His voice was its usual self. In the years that Rand had served Kasei, he had had little contact with other people, save for when he was killing them, and his voice had settled into a rather distant and almost cold tone by default. As well, a little bit of trivia, an observant reader would notice that this is actually the first time that we have ever heard him speak, though I suppose me telling you this eliminates the need to be observant.

At any rate, he held the canteen out to her with his left hand, his right ready to draw his sword from his back at a moment's notice.
Back to top Go down
Einnar
Einnar

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 5:52 pm

His first reaction was to shield himself, and counter attack with his glaive, but he held himself back. This was a familiar presence, and he would never forget that soft voice, though it's recent use had been more harsh than he remembered the person it belonged to ever being. He breathed deeply as a slight breeze swept her scent to him, and he felt a peace wash over him he had not known for many years. Grinning, he slowly faded, reappearing atop the mound directly behind the newcomer. He gently placed a hand on her shoulder, his voice barely a whisper, as he choked back tears, "Tuuli..."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 1:41 am

The earth-covered figure stiffened at the sound of her voice, and then something strange happened. His form began to fade. Tightening her grip and pulling taut her bow, she let fly the arrow but, to her astonishment, it missed. Grinding her teeth, Tuuli prepared to reach back for another arrow while her eyes scanned desperately for her target.

All motion ceased at the slight touch of a hand on her shoulder, making her stiffen instantly, but the sound of her name carried upon the wind broke her archer's concentration. That voice... With her arms going limp at her sides, Shaeji's Chosen felt the strength in her limbs give under her weight as her heart shattered a second time.

Just as it had the day she had lost everything.

"Einnar?" she asked the wind, her tone bleak yet hopeful, before her world came crashing in and all went black.
Back to top Go down
Sabriel Orion
Admin
Sabriel Orion

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 1:21 am

Rienna jumped when the man spoke, and again her hand inched towards her sword. She looked up at his face, and shivered. The man's voice was cold and distant. She looked from his face to the canteen being held out to her, and took it, watching as his other hand went to his sword. She wiped off the mouth of the canteen with the hem of her shirt and took a drink. It steadied her dizziness, and she relaxed a tiny bit, and stopped reaching for her sword.

"I'm ok, I think," Rienna said finally, in answer to the man's question. "I feel like I just lost a fistfight though." She sighed and handed back the canteen, wincing as a bruise made its presence known. "Who are you?" she asked, frowning, "and how did I get here?"

Last edited by Sabriel Orion on Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
We_Kings
We_Kings

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 12:08 pm

Reiss woke from his deep sleep after some time. He was kind of cold and woke to see that the fire that was there before was out and no embers remained. He vaguely remembered a man and a woman. The woman! Light she was a beautiful lady. No doubt of some nobility or another. She was the one who had saved him and Talaenar from the madness that was had been coming down upon them. Images floated into his mind of a man who stepped in fire and disappeared. The girl in his arms. The man who was there before leaving with all the belongings on horseback. He couldnt quite explain why, and it probably had something to do with the magic that had just happened hours ago, but he felt a slight connection with the girl. Just like that light inthe darkness.

Reiss studied the fire pit and didnt find much of anything for evidence. He relit the flame and listened to the whipers of the flame and heard only the words, 'Firnos Ek'talle Hindfen'. Very odd sounding words and Reiss had no idea what theymeant beyond something as some sort of spell. Talaenar was silent on the matter, almost to himself since the taint had been removed. Reiss knew how his body felt and could only imagine what Talaenar went through being cleansed of the evil taint that threatened to consume them both.

Reiss did the only other thing he could think of. He llsitened to the land. The tremble of earth, breathy words of the breeze. The sounds of night and darkness spoke scary truths in his ears. And that light.... It was still floating there almost as if right on front of his eyes. Then he felt it. The residue of the magic from the fire. The man that stepped in fire had taken the woman and travelled from flame to flame. Reiss could feel the general area that the end point was at and quickly began travelling there.

Reiss was still very weak and a little dizzy and had to stop and rest a couple of times along the way. But he could feel the light gettin closer and closer. He eventually came upon and opening with a small fire pit built and the man who walked in flame and the lady of light were there. She was cleaning off a water jug and began drinking from it. He could see that she had undergone something horrible in the magic she had used and physically. She looked worn, but still beautiful. And there was something about the man Reiss could recognise, through Talaenar's memory. But there was a hole there that would say where the man had come from. After thinking harder Reiss realised there were several holes in his memory as if somebody had blasted them straight out of his head.

Another wave of dizziness hit him and he fell over making an audible crashing sound right out side of the clearing where the man and woman were. He was sure they had heard him so he picked himself up and brought himself into the opening loudly announcing his appearance, 'My name is Reiss and Im with that woman. I dont know why or how, but she saved myself and a.... a friend and Im intrigued as to why. Im not here to fight or cause problems, but I am here nonetheless. Who might you be sir, and mi'lady for that matter for I know naught who you are?'

Last edited by We_Kings on Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Einnar
Einnar

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 12:13 am

As the strength left her form, and her stance atop the mound waivered, Einnar pulled her in to him, using his arm to steady her. As her body rested against his chest, he used his free arm to scoop up her legs. Carrying her from the mound, the rock crumbled away into crude steps down the side so he would not jostle her as he descended.

"You certainly take to your new power quickly. I'm impressed."

"To be honest I simply thought of what I needed and it happened."

"Humph, a determined will then? I would have preferred that you were simply that powerful."

"In time, my lord. In time."

Sitting down gently at the open side of the mound, he brushed a lock of hair from her face before settling in.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 12:48 am

"Princess..."

The soft voice of Tuuli's God sent air wafting over her face and ears, making the princess jerk instantly into a sitting position. This instinctual action, however, caused the top of her head to slam up into Einnar's jaw.

"Dark!" she cursed as her face wilted into great concern the moment her eyes landed on the man's face, "I'm so sorry! Are you--" Her stammering halted as she realized who he looked like. Tuuli's mouth dropped for a moment before she shook her head and chuckled at herself. "You look so much like a friend I used to have..." she said allowed, all at once her eyes beginning to tear up at the memory of Einnar... Why did he have to look so much like him? It wasn't fair!
Back to top Go down
chukles38
God of Banners
chukles38

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 1:01 pm

Rand took back the canteen wordlessly. She'd asked some questions, and he had to think very carefully about what the answer would be. He stood and walked slowly over to Firebrand. He gently patted the steed's neck, feeling the twitching muscles beneath. It appeared his friend needed rest as much as Rand did. "It'll be okay, boy." He whispered in the animal's ear.

He moved to the saddlebags and slipped the canteen in after taking another gulp or two. While he did all of this, the girl never left his sight.

He wasn't sure how long he stood there, an awkward silence in the air. To be honest, he was fighting off fatigue, though it didn't show in his countenance, save for a dimming of the flames that danced, ever so subtly, behind his eyes.

He had to do something to stave off this desire for sleep. He next pulled a loaf of bread from the saddlebag. It was round, about twice as large as his hand. He tore it in two and slowly began biting from one of the halves. The crust was hard, just as he liked it, though the inside was a bit easier to chew.

When he was about halfway done with his portion, he moved back over to the woman. He knelt and offered her the other half. Already he felt more rejuvenated. While certainly food was no substitute for some good sleep, it went a long way.

It was at this moment that he became aware of a figure entering the clearing. He was an... interesting looking boy. Well, perhaps boy was not quite fitting. Rand was only a few years older, by the looks of things. But still, it was an untimely interruption.

'My name is Reiss and I'm with that woman. I don't know why or how, but she saved myself and a.... a friend and I'm intrigued as to why. I'm not here to fight or cause problems, but I am here nonetheless. Who might you be sir, and mi'lady for that matter for I know naught who you are?'

What..... an annoying little worm. Well, perhaps that was a bit harsh, Rand had to admit. It was mostly the weariness talking at this point.

He took a moment to finish chewing the bread that was in his mouth before standing and looking at the newcomer. When he spoke, his voice seemed.... threatening, though polite, while still sounding removed and disinterested. Rand truthfully was impressed he could get so much into his own voice. "I am who I am, and am no one to be trifled with. I know not why this young woman saved your life, nor if she did, in fact, do such a feat. But, please, stay a moment at our camp," He gestured around to the camp... which included a horse, two people, and a piece of bread... "but then be on your way. Since she saved this friend of yours, you obviously do not need to 'be with her', as you said, so run along." He cast a vague waving motion at the other man, a slightly condescending tone creeping into his voice at the end.
Back to top Go down
We_Kings
We_Kings

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 1:56 pm

Reiss was not suprised this man had a sense of arrogance in his voice. Reiss probably sounded just as bad. Though he was irritated the man talked for the woman. It was obvious she was not there of her own choice, so who was he to speak for her?

Reiss observed this 'camp' and noticed it wasnt much of a camp but more of a rest stop if anything. He chuckled a bit to himself and heard faint whispers from Talaenar. Light, was Reiss glad the madness was gone! He felt another pang of dizziness and knew he needed some rest. But he had to figure out what was going on first.

"Well kind sir, I'm sure the lady can speak for herself. If you do not wish to delve your name to me I understand. The times to come will be rough and a sense of security by having no connections to those who may be involved would surely be nice. I will state again I am not here for trouble, though I don't fear there being any," Reiss paused just slightly here for a little dramatic effect. The amount of testosterone in air must have been the problem here but in any case....

"Now mi'lady, what might your name be so that I can properly thank you for saving me and my friend? You know who I am talking about."

Reiss thought about using Talaenar's name but he wasn't too sure about this new character. If the man didnt want to even trust Reiss with his name, then he had no business knowing about the Crystal or Talaenar.
Back to top Go down
Sabriel Orion
Admin
Sabriel Orion

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 3:55 am

Rienna had taken the bread from the man who was with her. He hadn't had a chance to explain what the heck was going on. The man she had helped before was confronting him and looking like he was about to fall over from fatigue. The man who was there when she awoke didn't look like he was in top form either. Gods knew she wasn't. She tuned out the guys for a minute while she chewed on the bread, feeling a small measure of strength returning to her. The whole thing with saving the man and Talaenar had drained her strength.

After the one who was asking her name spoke the first time, she opened her mouth to answer, but was interrupted when the other man, who had given her the bread, spoke instead. She sighed. "Men! Always interrupting. I swear these two are well matched in arrogance!" she thought, smiling slightly in amusement.

"Now mi'lady, what might your name be so that I can properly thank you for saving me and my friend? You know who I am talking about." the man she saved asked.

"Rienna," Rienna said, "and you're welcome."
Back to top Go down
chukles38
God of Banners
chukles38

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 5:30 am

Rand listened as she told the intruder her name. Rienna. It was a pretty name, he supposed. Much better than what he figured it be.

And what, pray tell, did you think it might have been? Kasei's sweet voice came echoing into his head.

Oh...... well....... I don't know I guess. A mischievous smile crossed Rand's face. Something like Kasei perhaps. Rand felt a distinctly cold feeling from Kasei.

I don't approve. Rand chuckled to himself, not caring if the other two heard him or not.

He looked pointedly at the rude young man standing just a little ways away. "Come now sir, you have her name. Say your thanks and begone." He crossed his arms, though his sword would be drawn in a flash should it be required.
Back to top Go down
Einnar
Einnar

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 9:46 pm

Pain shot up through his jaw into the base of his skull as her head collided with his chin. His vision blurred with streaks of light for a moment before refocusing. As his ears stopped ringing he caught the end of what she was saying.

"...look so much like a friend I used to have..."

Staring into her eyes as they welled up with tears, her pain gripped him, and his eyes threatened tears again.

"Look like him? I dare say, I rather feel like him too", he replied, a small grin breaking through his sad appearance.

"I thought I'd lost you", he added softly, gently wiping a tear from her cheek.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 12:18 am

Tuuli’s brow creased as she frowned at the man, her mind snapping angrily at the feeble hope that rose sharply at his words. He must be teasing her. Either that, or he had seen her somewhere… Or he could be—Shut up! There is no possible way Einnar is still breathing. She mentally reprimanded herself, but her eyes couldn’t stop their staring as they mapped out his way-too-familiar face over and over. How can someone look so much like another and not be him? Is fate truly that cruel? It had to be, because here sat her proof.

Sniffing delicately, the woman removed herself from his lap and stood. She swept her hands down the many thin layers of cloth that made up her long flowing skirt and tried to keep her eyes on its softly hued threads as she spoke, “Have we met before?” She hoped that her voice didn’t waver as much as it did in her head.
Back to top Go down
Einnar
Einnar

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 3:15 am

His smile was traded for an expression of confusion. Why would she not acknowledge him? Was this not his charge?

No, he thought, I would know her anywhere. No matter how long our seperation. I am bound to this woman. Then why does she seek to hurt me so?

All his hopes upon the realization that she was still alive melted away, sorrow and despair taking root instead.

What happened to her? In our seperation something terrible has done this to her. I have failed in my task. Better I had died, then have her hurt. I have failed...

The strength left his body, and his shoulders sagged.

"No, I don't suppose we have."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next