L-Factor Reborn: The Rebirth of L-Factor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The somewhat rebirth of the L-Factor forums, without any prior permission to do so! (Ryojin was here)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
L-factor.net has returned! Please head there!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oh hai.
The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 Emptyby Viper718 Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:14 am

» Ryojin's stuff
The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 Emptyby Ryojin Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:34 am

» Help with Python
The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 Emptyby theariesfantasy Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:27 am

» Hikkikomori Much?
The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 Emptyby theariesfantasy Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:45 am

» manga deletion
The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 Emptyby Ryojin Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:16 am

» Captain's Log
The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 Emptyby Sabriel Orion Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:25 pm

» The maniac's complexities.
The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 Emptyby Donnymaniac Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:18 pm

» Me, Myself and I
The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 Emptyby Nudi_Alf Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:42 am

» Life's a bitch, but I love it
The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 Emptyby Cromell Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:14 pm

» Naruto
The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 Emptyby silentkiller Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:28 pm

Navigation
 Home
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Calendar
 Who's Online
Poll
What Do You Think of the New L-Factor Reborn?
Awesome! It Kicks Ass!
The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 I_vote_lcap15%The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 6 ]
Great! Love it!
The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 I_vote_lcap12%The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 5 ]
It's Pretty Good.
The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 I_vote_lcap7%The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
A Fine Replacement for the Hole In My Heart After Losing the Old LF
The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 I_vote_lcap41%The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 41% [ 17 ]
It Could Be Better
The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 I_vote_lcap12%The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 5 ]
Not That Good
The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
It's Bad
The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 I_vote_lcap5%The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
I Hate It!
The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
YOU SUCK AT MAKING FORUMS!
The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 I_vote_lcap7%The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 41
Affiliates
Reality Lapse (Anime)

Statistics
We have 83 registered users
The newest registered user is Jakemitch92

Our users have posted a total of 3984 messages in 336 subjects

The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)

Go down 
+2
We_Kings
Sabriel Orion
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
We_Kings
We_Kings

ForumPoints : 10748
Job/hobbies : US ARMY INFANTRY/Outdoorsy stuff

The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 1:38 am

When the lady introduced herself as Rienna, a small bell went off in his head. He knew the name but couldn't quite place it. It was like a black hole in his head where he just couldn't quite retrieve the information. Weird....

Reiss saw a flash of irritation and what appeared to be admiration or even adoration on the man's face when Reinna devulged her name. Reiss took note of this and of the seemingly comfortable stance the man had taken. Reiss wasn't trained in swordsmanship but he could recognise skill when he saw it. Whether this was from his own memory or Talaenar's he didn't know and didn't care.

With the thanks from the young woman named Reinna, Reiss gave a small just barely courtesous enough bow to her and then turnt back to the man.

"I do not plan to leave. I am severly fatigued and these woods are full of too many dangers for the state I'm in, which is to include any capability in fighting you. Something, or someone has brought us together here, and if I'm not mistaken you and I and this young woman all have something terribly in common."

This was a bold statement to make on Reiss' part. This man could just be some brigand kidnapping thing woman, or a cutthroat looking to get a ransom. In fact he could be just about anything. But, Talaenar did not stir in discomfort as Reiss did when he made the statement. So, Reiss stood his ground, but only barely, and waited to see whether this man would draw sword, knife, magic or even a little bit of hospitality. There was nothing Reiss could do to physically defend himself if this man proved to be more 'alive' than him, and anything Reiss could do against magic at the moment would surely throw him back into unconcsiousness which wouldn't save him in the end if this man too was more energized than he.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Raven

ForumPoints : 10597
Job/hobbies : Part-time Caregiver, Full-time Assassin

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 2:22 am

She couldn't hide the broken look on her face at his words, so Tuuli quickly turned her back to him and bit at her trembling lower lip. Tears threatened to spill as she tried to grab hold of her grief to again lock it away, but it was extremely hard. Why does his answer hurt me so? I knew he couldn't have been Einnar. Why am I so upset?! But in her heart, she knew. Tuuli had allowed hope to take root in her heart, and because of her foolishness she had allowed herself to get hurt. Again.

Grinding her teeth, she felt a gentle stir of air brush over her cheek and she realized that tears had escaped and were tracking hotly down her face. Gods, not now... she begged in her mind as all her walls that she had built up to shield her from the past came crashing down around her. Her arms wrapped around her middle as her body began to tremble, a great sense of vulnerability sinking into her being.

"I-I'm sorry to h-hear that," the princess tried to state calmly, but her voice trailed off into a soft whimper. the sound soon becoming a sob which she tried to muffle behind a hand clapped over her mouth. I can't do this... again..., she said desperately in her mind, trying to think of a way of escape.
Back to top Go down
chukles38
God of Banners
chukles38

ForumPoints : 10605

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 4:55 am

Rand let his eyes wander between the two for a long moment, conflicting. Neither would probably pose much of a threat to him at the moment. While Rand was feeling drained, he could tell that the other two were far worse off.

Finish him, dearest. Rand considered this for a moment, but rejected the idea.

Kasei, my sweet, allow me to handle this.

While Rand possessed many talents--and flaws, for that matter--he truly excelled at three things. First, sweet-talking women. Second, swordsmanship. Third, though related to the first, was deception. He was a natural born spy and had talked his way out of many a nasty situation.

At last, Rand's body language showed he'd made a decision. His muscles relaxed slightly as he heaved a sigh, running a hand through his hair as he did so. He turned back to his saddle bags and grabbed another loaf of bread, a variety quite original to his homeland. He eyed it for a minute, smelling the slightly sulfurous odor drifting up toward his nose. The bread, called lava bread, was a delicacy in the northernmost country of Illomia. Made in the ashlands of Flaermar, lava bread was made in specially designed ovens heated by volcanic smoke. This, along with select spices and seasonings, granted the bread a slightly spicy taste. It was, however, quite filling and kept for a long period of time. Sadly, it smelled of sulfur, though Rand had long-ago become accustomed to the smell.

Rand tore the loaf in half and tossed it towards the other man, not really caring if he caught it or not. "Fire's there." He pointed with the other half of the bread at the fire. "You are welcome to stay as long as you like, though we," He gestured now at Rienna and himself, "May not be here long." With that, he moved over next to Rienna and collapsed onto the ground, He was far more tired than he thought.

He tore the remaining half into quarters and offered it to the girl to his right. He'd not given her any lava bread earlier, so it'd be interesting to see her reaction. "Try some." was all he said.
Back to top Go down
Sabriel Orion
Admin
Sabriel Orion

ForumPoints : 10777
Job/hobbies : Part time cashier

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 5:03 am

Rienna looked at the bread skeptically. She could smell it's sulphuric scent already. She tentatively tore a piece off and tasted it. Her eyes widened and she took another bite. "Well, it smells awful, but doesn't taste bad," she said, looking over at Rand. She had been relieved when he had relented, and the atmosphere in the clearing had relaxed. She took another bite to give herself time to try and clear her head. She was exhausted though. The spellwork needed to save Reiss had worn her out.

"So... I guess I shall have to ask again, but where am I? And how the heck did I get here anyway?" Rienna asked, looking over at the man again. "And who are you?" She sounded impatient, but it was just her fatigue talking.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rpgbeyond.com/forums/index.php
chukles38
God of Banners
chukles38

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 5:19 am

Rand flashed her a genuine smile when she commented on the bread. "Most outsiders have that reaction." The smile vanished when she asked that question. This would take careful wording, he knew.

"You are in the Ishidan Forest, not too far from where you were camping, though far enough." Rand looked speculative, as if trying to find the right words. "I am a wanderer, mostly. I happened to be nearby when I.... received word that I must make haste to your encampment. I brought you here, and just in time it seems. It seems that if I had been too much longer, your life may have been lost." Rand stared into her eyes mysteriously. He had to nail this. This was the clincher. "And your life lost.... well.... that would have been a tragedy beyond comprehension." His voice dropped, as if conspiratorially. "Your mission is very important. This I know. I was told by.... a friend."

Rand stopped after that, looking around for a moment. At length, he spoke again. "I apologize if I appear cryptic. I am afraid I am a rather private person, and this situation came upon me quite suddenly. Also, for certain reasons, caution is most important, though I feel I can trust you both."

Throughout this, his voice had changed from its earlier guarded and removed tone to a more conversational and friendly one. Rand truly was gifted. What could he say?

Careful, my dear Firebrand. Your head is looking quite large.

You are hardly one to talk. You have the biggest head of all.

But it is beautiful, no? Rand laughed internally, the only sign a slight twitching of the corner of his mouth.

Yes, you and your big, beautiful head. He almost thought he heard a content sigh float through his mind.

Rand started now, as if coming back to himself. "Oh..... I'm sorry. I suppose I haven't told you my name yet.... Randolf. Randolf Kelson."

Your real name? Is this wise?

Kasei, not even many of those that work in your temple alongside me know my name is Randolf. I think I'll be fine. It was true. Since entering into Kasei's services, Rand had always gone by his nickname and told no one else that Randolf was, indeed, his true name. He quite despised it, in all honesty.

...... point taken.
Back to top Go down
Sabriel Orion
Admin
Sabriel Orion

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 2:55 am

Rienna pulled her legs to her chest and wrapped her arms around them to warm herself more. A friend... She wondered who this friend was, and what said friend knew about her, and what she was doing. The only one who could have hurt her was the other man in the clearing before. Her instincts had told her she could trust him, but this man made it seem like her instincts were lying. She frowned slightly and stared at the fire in thought. When the man spoke again, introducing himself, she had to hide a snicker that was trying to form. "Randolf?" she thought to herself, snickering mentally. "Poor guy."

"Nice to meet you," Rienna said automatically, then turned towards him again. "So, Randolf, it appears I have to thank you. So thanks." She shifted slightly, moving her sword so it wasn't poking her, and sighed. "Too bad you couldn't have brought my pack and horse when you were told to save me."
Back to top Go down
Einnar
Einnar

ForumPoints : 10594
Job/hobbies : Programming

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 4:09 am

So that's it then? asked Aes, reunited at last but you give up on her?

Never, came the heated reply, I will never give up on her.

Then why the lie?

I cannot bring myself to cause her pain. When she is ready, she will know me once more.

Pulling himself to his feet he walked over to where she stood with her back to him. Resting a hand gently on her shoulder, he spoke again, "You are tired, come rest, I will build a fire, and prepare something to eat, if you would honour me with your company."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 2:34 am

Tuuli discreetly swiped at the tears that had stained her face, making sure no traces of them marred her cheeks before facing her new companion with a forced smile. At least he's kind, she thought. A rude individual would have tried to pry into her sorrowful past.

"I will never understand humans..." came the mumbled comment of Tuuli's god.

Why do you say such things, my Lord? She obviously didn't understand what Shaeji was grumbling about, so He sighed.

"Nevermind. Join the man and rest, little princess. I predict that tomorrow's travel will not be as swift, so you will need all your energy."

"Hm. I accept your hospitality, kind sir," she finally answered, her earlier false smile now a small true one. "May I help gather the firewood? Or hunt for our meal?" Unlike her younger years, when life had been handed to her on a silver platter, she had grown accustomed to taking care of her needs when she found her new home in the Wind God's Temple.
Back to top Go down
We_Kings
We_Kings

ForumPoints : 10748
Job/hobbies : US ARMY INFANTRY/Outdoorsy stuff

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 3:03 pm

Reiss was relieved when the man let the tense guard down. He only barely caught the foul smelling bread in time but Reiss was quick to bite into it. It was delicious. It was almost a slight instant relief and boost of energy this bread.

The man finally introduced himself as Randolf. A peculiar name, but Reiss was not one to judge.

"The bread is quite delicable Randolf. Between the sulphuric smell and the spiced taste I'd be a fool not to think you a northerner, or at least a frequent of Illomia."

Reiss didnt want to seem like he was prying into the mans bio, but sometimes casual talk of ones background could be relaxing and opening into new friendships. Reiss could most definatly tell there was some sort of link between the three of them. Something about this crystal. Talaenar was hard to break for information though. He seemed like he too was tryin to recover some energy.

Reiss thought it funny they way Randolf had suddenly changed tone and attitude alike. Even slinging some sweet talk at Reinna. Reiss didnt care though. He was tired. The bread definatly had filled that void in his stomach, but sleep was needed almost more than anything else at this point.

"I hate to seem rude, but again I am very weak at the moment and need some rest. I will be ready whenever you are for travel. Good night."

With this Reiss turnt away and slept about 20 paces from the fire. Just in the shadows and far enough to be forgotten, but close enough still to hear what may be going on. Didnt matter though cause as soon as Reiss laid down his head, he was asleep.

It was just color after color. Reds, blues, greens, yellows, dark and light. They quickly and fluidly flashed one after another. It was soothing, but at the same time disturbing. As if it were and image blurred, or a message slurred. They just kept going, in no seemingly certain pattern or order. Occasionally faint whispers could be heard, but no words could be made out....
Back to top Go down
Sabriel Orion
Admin
Sabriel Orion

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 3:59 am

Night was the perfect time to travel. The air was cool, and the shadows hid his every move. It helped he had good night vision from years of having to travel at night. He was grateful to his cousin now, for having him exiled. It made him change for the better. Niriko smiled and put a hand on a pouch attached to his belt. Nestled inside was the Crystal of Urisen, which he hoped to force to bond to him with spells. He smiled at having finally stolen something from his cousin, to get revenge for the life she had stolen from him so long ago.

As Niriko rode, he saw a small town. He rode in, keeping his hood on, and saw a small sign welcoming him to the town of Burushida. He smirked and headed to the first inn he saw, the Lemon Tree Inn, and took a room for the night, flirting with the owner's wife and daughter the whole time.

((OOC: Post people. Stolen from Ryojin And here's Niriko. I'm gonna put together an actual profile for him soon, but it can wait for a bit. Stolen from Ryojin Just imagine him with mahogany brown hair and brown eyes, tall, etc. Stolen from Ryojin And thank you Einnar for the town name.))
Back to top Go down
Einnar
Einnar

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 4:44 am

A great hesitation took hold of him at her offer. To decline the offer was to be discourtious, but to accept the offer was to let her out of his sight and knowledge. Slowly the hesitation wore away.

She has lived all this time without me anywhere within miles of her, a few hundred meters now would not be so dangerous. And besides, for me to hunt or forage, I would have to leave her anyways.

Looking her up and down silently he guaged her strength. Always a willfull woman, she now seemed to possess a strength to match it.

"If it pleases you, you might try applying your bowstring to quarry other than myself", he replied with a wink, "Or if it's more to your liking other foods can be foraged from the woods. I will see to the fire."

Inwardly he turned to his new-found sense of the living land. Focussing on her presence, he kept his awareness centered around her as he set off into the nearby trees to gather wood. The effort was not so much draining on his body as it was on his other senses. His sight and hearing dimmed.

You do no use your abilities correctly, the power is supposed to come from your bodily energy reserves.

This does the trick.

Oh yes. She can't be taken unaware, but you can be.

I'm not utterly blind and deaf, just hampered.

Oh sorry, you'll notice the danger, *right before* it guts you, the inflection in his voice gave Einnar the distinct image of the spirit rolling his eyes. Quickly sidestepping, Einnar barely avoided a falling tree branch. That almost hit you!

Stop that. It's not funny
, he retorted but in his mind he could hear Aes chuckling to himself, and couldnt help but laugh himself as he scooped up the fallen wood.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 10:52 pm

Tuuli smiled teasingly at her new-found companion's retreating back and called, "How about you skin the game as well? Can't have the woman do everything." With a chuckle, the princess set out from their joined camp to find some prey animals, grabbing her bow from the ground as she went.

Stalking the forest with sure and silent steps, her eyes narrowed as they scanned the surrounding area. Suddenly, the scent of fur reached her nose and she swiftly turned and crouched. Tuuli mentally sent a prayer of thanks to her god for His help as she knocked an arrow and waited. A few minutes later a great buck cautiously stepped through a row of high bushes, its ears flickering this way and that. Biting her lip, the princess calmed her breathing and kept as quiet as she could as the deer listened for predators.

Unknowingly the beast had found itself the dinner of a keen predator, as the creature bent to nibble on blades of grass and Tuuli let fly her arrow. The sharp head embedded into the creature's bowed head and killed it instantly.

After some time of dragging the heavy carcass, she finally reached the camp and allowed herself to collapse, exhausted and panting loudly. "Stupid fat deer..." she grumbled, an answering soft chuckle on the wind brushing the sweat from her brow.
Back to top Go down
Einnar
Einnar

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 7:40 pm

By the time Tuuli returned he had a small fire started. The wood cracked and popped under the heat, but gave off very little smoke. As she collapsed nearby grumbling, he jumped up and went to help her. Dragging the deer closer to the fire, he set to work with a long knife. The job was messy and long, and after having piled the meat onto a cloth, he dragged the remains some distance back into the woods. Wiping the sweat from his brow as he made the trip back he arrived just in time to notice Tuuli adding a branch to the fire which, by now, was burning down low.

"Hold off a bit on that, if you would. It'll be easier with just the embers."

Taking a wide, flat rock out of his bag, he rinsed it off with some water from his canteen, taking note that he only had a half bottle left, then set it down in the embers of the fire. After a few minutes, he set some of the venison onto the stone. As the meat softly sizzled in the fire, he wiped his knife clean.

"So what brings you out here...Tuuli, was it?"
Back to top Go down
Raven
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 12:53 am

Tuuli allowed herself to sprawl out over the ground as she watched her companion prepare their meal. The curve of his face… the line of his back… Even the shape of his bottom beneath those pants of his reminded her so keenly of Einnar! Yes, and what a great ass it was…

Biting her lower lip harshly, almost completely caught up in her daydreaming, the princess barely caught the man’s words. “I have been summoned to Ishida… How do you know my name?” Her tone was casual, but her eyes were as sharp as an eagle’s as she stared at his back.
Back to top Go down
Mithos Yggdrasill
Mithos Yggdrasill

ForumPoints : 10658

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 12:52 am

As Ikarushi rode on towards Ishida, he kept thinking to himself as far as what to do once he arrived there, but at present he was aware that he needed to rest soon. Thankfully, there was a town up ahead, Burushida, that he could stop at and stock up on supplies and get a decent night's rest. As he neared the town, Sharaes soon spoke up. "Ikarushi, what do you plan to do with the woman's belongings?" she asked calmly. "Do you think it possible that you shall meet her again?"

"I do believe that it is a possibility," Ikarushi answered. "So for the interim, I shall keep her items with me until I am to meet her again."

After a while of traveling, Ikarushi finally arrived at the town of Burushida. Upon arrival, he led his horse and the woman's steed to the nearby stable and left both animals there. After having found the first inn he spotted, the Lemon Tree Inn, he went ahead and reserved a room for the night before going out to stock up on supplies. "How long shall we be staying here?" Sharaes asked.

"If things do not slow our progress, we shall only need to stay here for the night and head out at the first sign of dawn," Ikarushi replied. He spent most of the day shopping for things he would need during his travels, and as night began to come he retired to the inn to get a good night's rest; tomorrow would be the day he shall reach Ishida, and hopefully also run into the beautiful woman he had met earlier so that he could return her belongings.
Back to top Go down
Sabriel Orion
Admin
Sabriel Orion

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 1:29 am

Niriko looked up as a giant of a man walked in to the gathering area of the inn. He smirked to himself, watching as the man made his way upstairs alone. He finished the wine he had in front of him, and stood. He smiled at the girl who was playing waitress, and left the glass on the table, along with a piece of silver marked with Arenias' mark.

---

Rienna sighed and moved to the other side of the fire from Reiss. Lately it seemed that all she attracted were either those who would harm her, or those who's motives were as of yet unknown. She couldn't afford to trust anyone, especially someone who obviously, at least to her, carried a god with them. And the other man... He had said that he had saved her, but how? The other man who had been there hadn't felt like he was intending to harm her. She glanced down at the piece of bread she still held, and took another bite. She had heard of this kind of bread once, when she was small, from a tutor who had come from the country of fire, Flaermar. She had spoken of a land of ash and volcanoes, of bread that smelled badly but tasted wonderful, and of an alcohol that was made from something that grew on the sides of Mount Kasei, the volcano named after the goddess of fire.

Rienna took another bite and studied the man who had claimed to save her. Randolf. She mentally snickered again. The name was a funny one to her, though she had been raised to keep her opinions to herself. He had an air of mystery to him, and the fact that he had seemed almost amused when she had said her name... She was just glad that she hadn't been recognized. If she had been thinking clearer, she would have given a false name to the men. Rienna finished the bread and laid down on her side, facing the fire and staring into it's dancing flames. Her eyes soon slipped closed as she fell asleep, her hand wrapped around the Fragment of Urisen that lay under her shirt.
Back to top Go down
chukles38
God of Banners
chukles38

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 12:12 am

Rand sat quietly by the remains of the fire, content to let the silence envelope them. Soon, Rienna drifted off to sleep. Rand smiled slightly. Is this what your plan was all along? Kasei asked, amused, within his head. Rand shrugged.

My plan stopped the moment I got to this camp. I'm winging it, to be perfectly honest. Kasei seemed to consider this for a moment.

I approve. was all that Rand got back from her. He shrugged again and stood quietly. He packed up what was left. On a whim, he placed an extra loaf of bread near the fire, and when his more mischievous side got the better of him, he dropped his flask of Fire Water next to it. Most people outside of the Flaermar would not be used to it. Fire Water--a clear and sweet-smelling liquid--was one drink that certainly had earned its name. Rand smiled as he thought of the man, Reiss, trying some of the water. He was giddy with joy. Too bad he wouldn't be around to see it. Oh well, such is life.

His belongings all collected, he carefully moved over to Rienna. With extreme care he picked her up. His plan, should she not awaken, was simple. He would get her on his horse and ride back towards Flaermar. Easy. Although, sooner or later she'd probably figure out what was going on... well, best to just cross that bridge when he got to it.

And so, as quietly as he could, Rand moved with the sleeping girl in his arms, trying to get her onto the horse without waking her... we'll just see how well that goes.

Rand, for his part, felt that Kasei was silently laughing at him.

However, despite any doubts by any party involved, the girl's unconscious body was soon balanced on the saddle and Rand pulled himself up after her. The horse was already tired, and the extra weight wasn't possibly the best idea, but it would still be faster than hauling her across the continent thrown over his shoulder.

Quietly--this being said once more to emphasize the extreme caution Rand took in avoiding the making of any noise--he urged Firebrand forward. As the horse began a slow trot, Rand pulled Rienna tight up against him to be sure she didn't fall off. All he needed was to stop to pull her back up. However, something unexpected happened.

Well, it didn't necessarily happen, per se... or, rather, it was a very subtle thing that really took place more in Rand's mind than the actual, physical world. Therefore, it may not have happened, as such, but more.... well.... whatever way to describe it, Rand smelled Rienna. This isn't really a very odd occurrence. Rand had smelled lots of people. However, she smelled somewhat exotic... or rather like something Rand hadn't really smelt before.

If there was any doubt as to whether Kasei had been laughing at Rand or not, it was gone.

Blushing slightly, Rand spurred the horse to move a little faster and settled in for a long ride.
Back to top Go down
Sabriel Orion
Admin
Sabriel Orion

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 12:57 am

"Little one, trust in me," a calm voice whispered to her, causing her to open her eyes. She knew immediately that she was dreaming, but the dream was soothing to her. She was in a boat on a smoothly flowing river, the current rocking it back and forth gently. She turned towards the voice, and saw a waterfall coming up. Her eyes widened, and she looked at the brightly shining hardly visible form of her Goddess. "Trust in me, child, and I will keep you safe." With that, the princess closed her eyes tightly, and awoke.

The first thing Rienna noticed was the rocking motion had continued from her dream. She frowned, not quite awake yet, and looked down at a pair of male arms clasped around her waist. She jumped and turned with a gasp, her hand flying towards his face without her even thinking about it.
Back to top Go down
chukles38
God of Banners
chukles38

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 1:11 am

Rand had lulled into a slightly dazed state as Firebrand moved along the road. It was a comforting motion, the horse rocking him back and forth, and he barely caught the motion in front of him. Rienna jumped, and Rand let up his grip slightly. This was probably a mistake. She twisted around and tried to hit him, and Rand tried to dodge. This was also a mistake. Had he just taken the hit, he'd have stayed on his horse. As it was....

Well, Rand pulled back and managed to avoid the slap somehow, but he also slid neatly from the saddle, having left the stirrups for Rienna. He hit the ground hard. It wasn't a very comfortable feeling.

Kasei was rolling around laughing now... or would be if she had a body. Without thinking, Rand shouted a rather vulgar expression. Firebrand, the well-trained horse that he was, stopped and turned to see what the hell was going on.

"Rienna!" Rand called, jumping to his feet. "For crying out loud, was that exceptionally necessary?" Rand's voice almost went to far. His anger was starting to flare, and he fought the rising surge of blind, destructive vengeance that threatened to overcome him. Luckily, he managed to pull himself together and decrease the fuming to a sort of deep, agitated breathing.
Back to top Go down
Sabriel Orion
Admin
Sabriel Orion

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 1:29 am

Rienna had froze the second she realized who had held her, a second too late. She watched with wide eyes as Randolf dodged and fell off the horse. The fall looked rather painful to her too. Her eyes widened even further as she heard the foul language he was using before he yelled at her. When she saw the rage in his eyes, she had a moment of real fright. She held her breath until he calmed visibly, and slid off the horse in a practiced move, and walked tentatively towards him.

"Are you ok, Randolf?" Rienna asked, biting her lip. She stopped walking and held herself back from checking him over for injuries, an old habit from when she was a child. "I'm sorry, Randolf! I was asleep, and I... I was startled by the fact someone was holding me, and I reacted as I was taught to..." She sighed, and decided to change the subject. "And another thing, I can't keep calling you Randolf! Everytime I say it it makes me want to laugh, so I'm calling you Rand from now on!"
Back to top Go down
chukles38
God of Banners
chukles38

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 1:41 am

Rand took a moment to let his anger fizzle out. It was one of the hereditary flaws of the Flaermarian people. They all tended to be rather hot headed. Now that he thought about it, it probably had to do with the fact that all they saw all day was erupting volcanoes and smoking ash. It wasn't a very pleasant landscape, so it stands to reason that those who lived in it would want to find some outlet for the miserable land around them.

Several deep breaths later, Rand felt his anger dissipate. Rational thought came slowly back to him and he turned her words around in his head. He inhaled deeply then ran a hand through his hair. "Sorry. We of Flaermar are quite famous for our tempers." He took another breath. It was a calming technique he had learned long ago. Sometimes a quick temper can be helpful, but more often than not it could get you killed. Rand knew this, and had tried all his life to control the anger that still came all too quickly. He was calm now though.

He let a smile cross his lips. "Heh. Funny, that's what most people call me anywa..." his voice cut off as he stepped towards her and stumbled forward, catching himself on the only source of support near him, Rienna. Rand winced. "Sorry. Must have rolled my ankle when I fell."

Kasei laughed again. You liar. I am proud though. Quite the lie. Though.... do I have competition? She asked him playfully, a slight note of hurt in her voice.

Of course not, my dear, just keeping her off guard. Rand shot back quickly, directing all of his mental resources to maintaining the sham of his hurt ankle.
Back to top Go down
Sabriel Orion
Admin
Sabriel Orion

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 1:54 am

Rienna winced as Rand stumbled forwards and caught himself on her. He was heavy! She moved so his hand wouldn't lay so heavily on her and pushed him gently towards the ground. "I'm sorry, Rand," she said, frowning. She hated causing others harm, even unintentionally. She looked down at his ankle, then back at his face. "I can heal that for you, Rand," she said, moving towards him.
Back to top Go down
chukles38
God of Banners
chukles38

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 2:01 am

Damn. Rand had not considered this.

Maybe if you'd keep your hormones in check, came Kasei's voice You wouldn't be in this mess. She sounded far too smug for Rand's taste.

Rand found himself in a rather precarious situation. If he was caught in this lie, that would cast a revealing light on the other lies he had told her. So, obviously he couldn't let her heal him, but she already had him on the ground. She seemed pretty intent on healing him. Think, Rand, think quickly. Quick, quick.....

That was it. That's the only solution given the circumstances. You're not REALLY going to do that, are you Rand? Kasei asked, shocked. Rand didn't answer.

Rand held up his hands. "No, really, it's okay. I'll be fine." Rand quickly scrambled to his feet and as he stepped up with his right leg, he twisted his ankle under his leg and stepped on it. With all his weight. It hurt. He fell to the ground, wincing in pain once again. Yep, that was a pulled ankle alright.

"Well..." Rand said, through clenched teeth, "Maybe you could give it a go..."
Back to top Go down
Sabriel Orion
Admin
Sabriel Orion

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 2:08 am

Rienna winced as Rand got to his feet and his ankle twisted under him. She had moved forward to stop him when he got to his feet, but wasn't in the right place to lower him to the ground. She sighed and knelt by his ankle, and gently lifted his foot onto her lap. She circled her hands around his ankle, which was swelling, and closed her eyes. She reached within herself to where her magic center was, and pulled out a thread of light, accompanied by a whispered word that was inaudible. Rienna's hands glowed for a second before the light went into Rand's ankle, causing it to glow gently with a steady light for a second as the magic took hold, reducing the swelling and fixing the injured parts of his ankle. She opened her eyes and watched as the glow receded from both her hands and Rand's ankle, and gently set it back on the ground.
Back to top Go down
chukles38
God of Banners
chukles38

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 2:28 am

Rand gritted his teeth as she went to work on his ankle. His foot was in her lap now, and Rand was aware of a slight, bristling jealousy emanating from Kasei. He had other things to think about. This had certainly not been one of his better ideas.

He opened his eyes and looked at her. Her eyes were closed and she was quietly and gently going about the healing. She was so at peace at that moment, so.... calm. Rand had to admit he was moved. The grimace dropped from his face as it settled into a wondering stare. He watched her face, her hair.... it was... odd. He'd never seen anyone like this, so.... peaceful.

The jealousy from Kasei had turned into a burning, fuming, all-consuming thing. Rand shut her out.

He was inexplicably saddened when Rienna finished and set his foot on the ground. Her eyes opened and she looked up at him. He noticed her eyes were an insanely tranquil shade of brown... so....

Snap outta it Rand. He told himself. This isn't like you. It's the fatigue. Nothing more. Some rest, relaxation, you'll be as good as new. Heck, some Fire Water and you'll be your boisterous, aggressive self. He went on like this for some time with limited results.

He had learned one thing in his life, however, and that was to keep what was going on inside inside. Little if anything showed how he was feeling. Unless she looked at his eyes. His eyes, a deep gray normally, now appeared to have a fiercely burning, yet tranquil fire dancing behind them.

Rand shook his head quickly. "Uh... thank you, Rienna. I... thanks." He pulled his leg up under him and stood, testing the newly-mended foot. Good as new. After a moment's pause, Rand said, "We best be going." His voice was subdued and calm, almost gentle, perhaps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)   The Crystal of Urisen (Closed) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Crystal of Urisen (Closed)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next