L-Factor Reborn: The Rebirth of L-Factor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The somewhat rebirth of the L-Factor forums, without any prior permission to do so! (Ryojin was here)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
L-factor.net has returned! Please head there!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oh hai.
Book you're currently reading thread! Emptyby Viper718 Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:14 am

» Ryojin's stuff
Book you're currently reading thread! Emptyby Ryojin Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:34 am

» Help with Python
Book you're currently reading thread! Emptyby theariesfantasy Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:27 am

» Hikkikomori Much?
Book you're currently reading thread! Emptyby theariesfantasy Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:45 am

» manga deletion
Book you're currently reading thread! Emptyby Ryojin Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:16 am

» Captain's Log
Book you're currently reading thread! Emptyby Sabriel Orion Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:25 pm

» The maniac's complexities.
Book you're currently reading thread! Emptyby Donnymaniac Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:18 pm

» Me, Myself and I
Book you're currently reading thread! Emptyby Nudi_Alf Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:42 am

» Life's a bitch, but I love it
Book you're currently reading thread! Emptyby Cromell Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:14 pm

» Naruto
Book you're currently reading thread! Emptyby silentkiller Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:28 pm

Navigation
 Home
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Calendar
 Who's Online
Poll
What Do You Think of the New L-Factor Reborn?
Awesome! It Kicks Ass!
Book you're currently reading thread! I_vote_lcap15%Book you're currently reading thread! I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 6 ]
Great! Love it!
Book you're currently reading thread! I_vote_lcap12%Book you're currently reading thread! I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 5 ]
It's Pretty Good.
Book you're currently reading thread! I_vote_lcap7%Book you're currently reading thread! I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
A Fine Replacement for the Hole In My Heart After Losing the Old LF
Book you're currently reading thread! I_vote_lcap41%Book you're currently reading thread! I_vote_rcap
 41% [ 17 ]
It Could Be Better
Book you're currently reading thread! I_vote_lcap12%Book you're currently reading thread! I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 5 ]
Not That Good
Book you're currently reading thread! I_vote_lcap0%Book you're currently reading thread! I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
It's Bad
Book you're currently reading thread! I_vote_lcap5%Book you're currently reading thread! I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
I Hate It!
Book you're currently reading thread! I_vote_lcap0%Book you're currently reading thread! I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
YOU SUCK AT MAKING FORUMS!
Book you're currently reading thread! I_vote_lcap7%Book you're currently reading thread! I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 41
Affiliates
Reality Lapse (Anime)

Statistics
We have 83 registered users
The newest registered user is Jakemitch92

Our users have posted a total of 3984 messages in 336 subjects

Book you're currently reading thread!

Go down 
+10
Hinatalover17
light_peace
theariesfantasy
Acinonyx
yov
Mithos Yggdrasill
Shadow
Saelilah
Viper718
Sabriel Orion
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Sabriel Orion
Admin
Sabriel Orion

ForumPoints : 10743
Job/hobbies : Part time cashier

Book you're currently reading thread! Empty
PostSubject: Book you're currently reading thread!   Book you're currently reading thread! EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 3:48 pm

Post the book that you're reading at the moment. Make sure you put what it's about, and what you like and/or dislike about it.

At the moment, I'm reading a book called Gravity. It's about a woman who goes into space, to the International Space Station, and ends up having to fight a disease that's infecting everyone.

It's better than I make it sound. hehe. I like the book, because it gives a lot of information.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rpgbeyond.com/forums/index.php
Viper718
Web-Admin
Professional Hitman
Viper718

ForumPoints : 11148
Job/hobbies : Grim Reaper

PostSubject: Re: Book you're currently reading thread!   Book you're currently reading thread! EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 4:10 pm

I'm currently reading "The Eye of the World", book one of the Wheel of Time series.

It's a very interestng series of books, that makes your eyes bleed as you read it, for no human mind could comprehend the epicness borne!
Back to top Go down
Saelilah
Saelilah

ForumPoints : 10595
Job/hobbies : Dancing with Jak o' the Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Book you're currently reading thread!   Book you're currently reading thread! EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 7:03 pm

Im currently reading The Fires of Heaven which is also in The Wheel of Time series. (book five 'Wow!') I couldnt say what its about without spoiling anything so i'll just quote the person who got me into this - He described it as a 'more epic Lord of the rings.' And at times it rings true. (Dont Sppppeeeeaaaar meeee)

It's very rich in detail- *looks for an example*

"Stone walls crisscrossed the city, most in a worse state than the outer bastions, for Lugard had grown haphazardly over the centuries, and more than once had actually been divided among feuding nobles. It was a dirty city, many of the broad streets unpaved and all of them dusty. Men in high crowned hats and aproned women in skirts that showed their ankles dodged between merchants' lumbering trains, while children played in wagon ruts.......Inns lined the main streets, along with horse lots and stables, nearly outnumbering the gray stone houses and shops, all roofed with tiles in blue or red or purple or green. Dust and noises filled the air, clanging from the smithies, the rumble..."

-question, Did anyone read thru that whole thing? could i have slipped in something about purple flying monkeys? haha!

Beautiful writing style ^^

Very amazing series -12 books

get em, start reading em!
discuss with meee!

Last edited by Viper718 on Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : This post has been editted by Viper718 just to say: MY WOMAN! STAY BACK!)
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

ForumPoints : 10581

PostSubject: Re: Book you're currently reading thread!   Book you're currently reading thread! EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 10:59 pm

I'm currently reading eclipse from the twilight series

I like it so far its very entertaining and i'm enjoying the story to be honest. The book is cotinuing the story of bella and edward. I'm sure a lot of people know about this book so i'm sure i don't need to explain more about it Stolen from Ryojin
Back to top Go down
Mithos Yggdrasill
Mithos Yggdrasill

ForumPoints : 10624

PostSubject: Re: Book you're currently reading thread!   Book you're currently reading thread! EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 11:53 pm

I'm currently reading a book called The Sword of Shannara.

a friend of mine requested this book to me, and I gotta say that this is a really great book for people who are into sci-fi and stuff.
Back to top Go down
yov
yov

ForumPoints : 10583
Job/hobbies : student nurse

PostSubject: Re: Book you're currently reading thread!   Book you're currently reading thread! EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 12:26 am

"A strange's touch" the usual lame mills& boons story, one week before getting a passionless marriage the heroine has an adventure with who we will know is the best man...well we all know the end, we all know that every month, woman has a period wher they act strangely....this is my strange period time..... Razz

I like it coz romance once in a while feels good lol!!
Back to top Go down
Acinonyx
Acinonyx

ForumPoints : 10594
Job/hobbies : I'm a parts driver for Lordco Auto Parts in BC; I love reading, writing, music, off-roading, trucks, Ford, taking stuff apart and any kind of artwork. I also design my own tattoos.

PostSubject: Re: Book you're currently reading thread!   Book you're currently reading thread! EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 2:14 am

"Gardens of the Moon" by Steven Erikson

It's a fantasy novel about a war-torn land eaten up by infighting and chaos in general. Actually, it's just the eight-hundred-page first installment in an eight-part series. I'm only about a hundred pages into the book so far, but the past 800 pages have been delightfully gory and the guy who lent it to me assures me that the rest of the book is "badass". I personally believe Erikson is attempting to give Tolkien a run for his money in the category of really long, epic novels.
Back to top Go down
Sabriel Orion
Admin
Sabriel Orion

ForumPoints : 10743
Job/hobbies : Part time cashier

PostSubject: Re: Book you're currently reading thread!   Book you're currently reading thread! EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 6:16 pm

I'm reading The Subtle Knife, by Phillip Pullman. It's about a boy who ends up accidentally killing a man, and goes on the run. He escapes from pursuit into another world through a hole in the air. He meets up with a girl who is also being chased, though for a different reason, and they go on from there.

I enjoy the book. (This isn't the first time I've read it. Stolen from Ryojin) I like the way it's written, and they way the characters interact with each other. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.rpgbeyond.com/forums/index.php
theariesfantasy
アルジュナ!~
theariesfantasy

ForumPoints : 10801
Job/hobbies : Gaming, reading, doing nothing, drawing... eating?

PostSubject: Re: Book you're currently reading thread!   Book you're currently reading thread! EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 9:18 pm

im currently reading Wheel of Time: The Gathering Storm(book 12) so im like, totally ahead of yous, haha.

brian sanderson did a great job and for some reason, mat is now a comedian lol, every second thing he says is hilarious lol.

theres alot of philosophy and thought put into the concept of the "Wheel" which makes this story so much better, you can tell that Robert Jordan(RIP) put ALOT of effort into it.
Back to top Go down
light_peace
light_peace

ForumPoints : 10656

PostSubject: Re: Book you're currently reading thread!   Book you're currently reading thread! EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 11:39 am

well, currently i'm reading The Time Traveler's Wife.
I haven't seen the movie yet but as i went through the prologue of it, it amazed me.
Well, those who have watched the movie, i think you already knew what it was about.

Here's a little bit of glimpse to the story.
It was about a love story of Clare and Henry who met when Clare was six and Henry was thirty-six, and were married when Clare was twenty-two and Henry thirty. Impossible but true, because Henry suffers from a rare condition where his genetic clock periodically resets and he finds himself pulled suddenly into his past or future. in the face of this force they can neither prevent nor control. Henry and Clare's struggle to lead normal lives is both intensely moving and entirely unforgettable.

Fuhhhh.... hope i like reading it (because i'm not really into Love genre. But i like the plot. Smile )

Happy reading readers!!!!!!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Hinatalover17
Hinatalover17

ForumPoints : 10603
Job/hobbies : Pianist, Poet, Songwriter, and Guitarist among a few other things.
Location : Idaho, the state everyone forgets in their 4th grade U.S. States test.

PostSubject: Re: Book you're currently reading thread!   Book you're currently reading thread! EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 11:17 pm

At the moment I'm reading "To Kill a Mockingbird", and frankly I can't see what the hype is all about thus far. I'm a little more than halfway through the book, and I want to fall asleep on the damn thing every time I dip into it. Unfortunately, I have to read it for English Class...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hinatalover17
Exi00
Exi00

ForumPoints : 10537

PostSubject: Re: Book you're currently reading thread!   Book you're currently reading thread! EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 1:00 am

I'm reading Stone of Tears, which is the 2nd (out of 11) book of the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind. Can't really say what it's about since I'm just on the 2nd chapter. The first one Wizard's First Rule was amazing. Great epic adventure about a man Richard chosen to be the Seeker and defeat the evil Darken Rahl. There is a tv show called Legend of the Seeker which follows the story very loosely. I recommend reading the books of course then watching the show if you want. Also, when I finish beating Gears 2 I'm going to start reading the 2nd book Jacinto's Remnants.
Back to top Go down
theariesfantasy
アルジュナ!~
theariesfantasy

ForumPoints : 10801
Job/hobbies : Gaming, reading, doing nothing, drawing... eating?

PostSubject: Re: Book you're currently reading thread!   Book you're currently reading thread! EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 6:01 pm

wow lol, i picked up stone of tears the other day, and borrowed it out and everything, then got pissed off because there was absolutely no indicator on or within the book showing it was the second book of a series, or part of a series, i read like 3 or 4 chapters, seemed alright, but then didnt feel compelled to continue.

i am currently reading The Bone Doll's Twin(Author: Lynn Flewelling), the story focuses around a kid named Tobin, who was born with a twin.. and as a girl, but as the King of their realm is afraid of female successor's and that it is prophecied that a girl will take the throne and right the wrongs of the king, several wizards cast a spell, killing the male twin, and giving Tobin the appearance of a male. Anway, various things happen etc. dont wanna give too much away, but its a really good book, Robin Hobbs said it was good, thats enough reccomendation for me, lol.
Back to top Go down
Exi00
Exi00

ForumPoints : 10537

PostSubject: Re: Book you're currently reading thread!   Book you're currently reading thread! EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 10:02 pm

Quote :
wow lol, i picked up stone of tears the other day, and borrowed it out and everything, then got pissed off because there was absolutely no indicator on or within the book showing it was the second book of a series, or part of a series, i read like 3 or 4 chapters, seemed alright, but then didnt feel compelled to continue.

I think the first 2 or 3 pages has the list of Sword of Truth Series in order. If you read the first book, Wizard's First Rule, then you'll be more compelled to finish the second and maybe the series.
Back to top Go down
Mystery
Mystery

ForumPoints : 10389
Job/hobbies : Computer games (DotA), Goin to the movies etc.

PostSubject: Re: Book you're currently reading thread!   Book you're currently reading thread! EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 1:06 am

I am currently reading "Freakonomics" by Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner. I find it quite interesting and funny because of the claims they make. Like "Legalizing abortion led to the fall in the crime rate in the 1990's" made this book for an interesting read, and (most of the time) showed us the statistics for these claims.

After I read that, I will move onto "The silver eagle" by Ben Kane, which is the sequel to "The forgotten legion" which I found to be great.
Back to top Go down
Ryojin
Admin
Ryojin

ForumPoints : 11266
Job/hobbies : Game Development

PostSubject: Re: Book you're currently reading thread!   Book you're currently reading thread! EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 10:24 pm

Children of the Mind, by Orson Scott Card.

Fourth book in the Ender series, and one that I have not yet read.

Quote :
The planet Lusitania is home to three sentient species: the Pequeninos; a large colony of humans; and the Hive Queen, brought there by Ender. But once again the human race has grown fearful; the Starways Congress has gathered a fleet to destroy Lusitania.

Jane, the evolved computer intelligence, can save the three sentient races of Lusitania. She has learned how to move ships outside the universe, and then instantly back to a different world, abolishing the light-speed limit. But it takes all the processing power available to her, and the Starways Congress is shutting down the Net, world by world.

Soon Jane will not be able to move the ships. Ender's children must save her if they are to save themselves.
Back to top Go down
Cromell
Cromell

ForumPoints : 10405
Job/hobbies : Lots of them

PostSubject: Re: Book you're currently reading thread!   Book you're currently reading thread! EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 5:12 pm

Currently reading (again) The Witcher saga by Andrzej Sapkowski. You know, the one that inspired The Witcher game Wink

The saga follows the story of Geralt, the witcher. He is a mutant, a monster created by humans for the sole purpose of killing other monsters. His kind protected humanity from dark creatures born from evil magic for centuries. Now, he is one of the last witchers remaining. Folks mostly fear him and despise him, even though he risks his life for their safety... and gold. During his journeys he encounters many dangerous monsters... and even more dangerous people. Uwillingly involved in political struggles, wars and intrigues Geralt, trying to survive and keep his neutrality, will face his destiny. A destiny that might bring destruction to the known world.

I don't know if the whole saga was translated to english but try looking for "Last wish" - that's the first volume. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Ryojin
Admin
Ryojin

ForumPoints : 11266
Job/hobbies : Game Development

PostSubject: Re: Book you're currently reading thread!   Book you're currently reading thread! EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 4:40 pm

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe by Douglas Adams

I've been reading through the Hitchhiker's Guide series again, and I'm on this one.

Quote :
Facing annihilation at the hands of warlike Vogons? Time for a cup of tea! Join the cosmically displaced Arthur Dent and his uncommon comrades in arms in their desperate search for a place to eat, as they hurtle across space powered by pure improbability.

Among Arthur's motley shipmates are Ford Prefect, a longtime friend and expert contributor to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy; Zaphod Beeblebrox, the three-armed, two-headed ex-president of the galaxy; Tricia McMillan, a fellow Earth refugee who's gone native (her name is Trillian now); and Marvin, the moody android. Their destination? The ultimate hot spot for an evening of apocalyptic entertainment and fine dining, where the food speaks for itself (literally).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book you're currently reading thread!   Book you're currently reading thread! Empty

Back to top Go down

Book you're currently reading thread!
Page 1 of 1